This packet is designed to help your students expand their vocabularies (both expressive and receptive) and practice following 1-step directions. I tried to create a packet of materials that would be very versatile so that you could use these activities to address a variety of different goals with many different students. There are 8 different themes included in this packet. They are: toys, farm animals, zoo animals, foods, household items, school, clothing, and vehicles. The materials for each theme follow the exact same format. All the activities are based around 10 core vocabulary words for each theme. Therefore, this packet targets 80 different vocabulary words overall.
***I have provided the entire toys section in my preview so that you can see exactly what is included***
Here is a detailed list of what is included for each theme:
1) Level 1 Following Directions Board- There are 2 different following directions board with 5 pictures on each board. For each board, there is a list of suggested prompts. You can read the prompts to your students and have them identify the correct picture. Or, you can have your student practice giving clues to each other.
2) Level 2 Following Directions Board- This board contains the same 10 pictures as the level 1 boards, but this time the pictures are all on 1 page. This gives your students more options and increases the difficulty of the task. There is a list of suggested prompts for the board.
3) Lotto Board- The Lotto Boards include the same 10 pictures from the following directions board. I included 3 boards with the pictures in different locations to make this activity easier to use with a small group. There is also a page of Lotto Cards. I would suggest printing one page of Lotto Card for each student that is playing. To play, cut apart the Lotto Cards and give each student a Lotto Board. Have each student select a card and name the object on the card. If the student needs the card for his/her board, then he/she puts the card on the matching picture. The first student to collect all pictures wins.
4) Vocabulary Cards- These are 3 ½ inch by 5 inch vocab cards for the 10 words in each theme. You can use these cards to practice naming the target words. You can print 2 copies to play memory or go fish. You can print vocab cards from multiple themes and have students sort them by category or compare/contrast 2 pictures.
5) Sentence Frame- This worksheet puts the 10 vocabulary words from each theme in a sentence. Students use pictures of the vocab words to complete the sentence. For the toys theme, the sentence frame is “I put ______ in my toy box.”
Graphics from: www.mycutegraphics.com
www.ccteachfirst.blogspot.com (Clip Art by Carrie @ C&C Teach First)
This document was created using Smarty Symbols™ © 2010-2014. Smarty Symbols© is a registered trademark and copyright of Smarty Ears, 2013. All rights reserved to Smarty Ears. Used with permission. License #TPT013. ©2014 Smarty Ears.
Activity Created by Lauren Laur, CCC-SLP