This beginning writing unit for launching writer's workshop has 5 weeks of lesson plans, anchor charts, and writing templates that are perfect for your beginning writers. This writer's workshop unit was produced primarily with Kindergarten in mind, but will work for the beginning of the year in first grade with some modification.
This unit has everything you need to guide your children from establishing workshop norms, to oral storytelling, drawing pictures to tell a story, labeling, and writing a sentence! This introductory unit will prepare your students for a great year of writer's workshop, where they will dive deeper into the ideas presented here.
Get all five of my Writing Units bundled together for a SAVINGS!
Writing Unit BUNDLE
Or Check out the Individual Units Below:
Personal Narrative Writing
How To Writing
Here is what is included in this unit:
• 5 weeks of Lesson Plans
• Mentor Text Suggestions
• Several Posters for Reference
• Oral Storytelling Rubric
• 2 Class Book Covers and Templates
• Pieces for a Writing Binder (cover, labels for pockets, alphabet chart, blends/digraphs chart, Words I Use template, Colors/Numbers Chart, My Writing Rules Checklist)
• Heart Map for Writing Ideas
• What Do Writers Write List
• Why Do Writers Write Chart
• What Do Writers Do Chart
• Three Star Pictures Chart
• 5 Picture Drawing Templates
• Phonics Lesson and Activity
• 5 Labeling Templates
• 5 Sentence Writing Templates
• I am a Writer Crown
• Beginning Writing Rubric
For low prep printables for your writing station check out this bundle!
Writing Station for All Year