This pack contains both my Beginning Writing Rubric (Kindergarten) and my Writing Rubric (K-1) at a lower price than if you bought them separately. Pack includes:
A simple writing rubric for Pre-K or the beginning of the year in Kindergarten. It is great for getting students to become great authors. It helps them to focus on their pictures (where most of the story is at first) and learning to add words to their stories through labeling or writing sentences. Each step in the rubric can be used to develop minilessons for Writer's Workshop.
1. Is your picture colored neatly using 5 or more colors?
2. Does your picture have details?
3. Did you write words to go with your picture?
This writing rubric is best used in the middle of the year in Kindergarten to First Grade. The rubric includes:
1. Did you start with a capital letter?
2. Did you leave spaces between words?
3. Did you end with a punctuation mark?
They can be used as posters or as references for minilessons for Writer's Workshop.