Beginning of the Year:
"Beginning of the year" is an important time for young children in both recognizing their own name and learning the names of peers.
The activities in this resource are based on using photo cards of your students. A colorful collection of A-Z frames are included to use with your student's photos. Create a photo display at the beginning of the year to help children feel a sense of belonging.
Please note: photos are not included in this pack. They are shown in the preview image as an example only.
Perfect for "back to school" and "beginning of the year". Take photos of your students to place in the frames, or even better, have students bring in an object that starts with the same letter as their name to hold up in their photo.
Files are in a zipped file. See TpT help section if you are not sure how to open a zipfile.
• Colorful frames for each letter of the alphabet. Each frame includes pictures beginning with that letter and the hand sign for that letter.
• Frames come in four different sizes: one-to-a-page, two-to-a-page, four-to-a-page, and the smallest size, eight-to-a-page.
Two versions for each of the above are included:
• Print-ready PDF file:
Simply print the frames and write the child's name directly on it.
• Editable PowerPoint Template:
These files allow you to add your student photos digitally and type the name on the frame. A tutorial is included, however, basic computer skills are required.
• A list of ideas for using the student photo frames.
• Tutorial on customizing the frames with student names and photos in PowerPoint.
• Credit page
Prepare for the beginning of the year with these additional back to school resources:
You May Also Like:
A treasure chest of name songs
Name Activity: Name Puzzles
Passport Template: perfect for beginning of the year activities
Beginning of the Year – ‘M is for Me’ Display
Getting to Know You - Activity
First Day of School Activity Booklet
This resource is useful for:
• Name recognition
• Letter recognition
• Learning names of classmates
• Bulletin boards and classroom displays
• Reading (names)
• Learning the alphabet and letters
• Getting to know you / beginning of the year / first day activities
Begin your year with an inspiring name wall!