This resource contains 9 no prep beginning of the year activities to use at the beginning of the year or the first week of school. Several of these activities make good ice breaker activities / team builders to help students get to know each other.
These also make great time filler activities when you need to keep students busy (yet still learning!) while you complete back to school tasks like collecting school supplies or introducing yourself to parents.
The beginning of the year activities include:
- a beginning of the year themed Find Somebody Who
- an A-Z reflection
- a Venn Diagram to compare a student with their partner
- an acrostic poem activity
- a beginning of the year writing activity
- a making words activity
- interview questions to help students interview a classmate
- a first day of school word search
- a Find the Fib activity
An answer key is included for the word search.
Check out the preview to see everything you will be getting. These fun beginning of the year activities for best for 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students (upper elementary)!
If you're looking for ice breakers for the beginning of the year, check out my Beginning of the Year Ice Breaker Questions.
Kalena Baker, Teaching Made Practical