Also included in
- Inject art, color, fun and inspiration into your classroom and create a positive motivational learning environment for your new students.This imaginative back to school art, writing and decor bundle features 4 of my first week back, all about me creative resources.Save 25% of the price of the indivi$10.00$14.50Save $4.50
- These 'All About Me' imaginative art and writing resources are ideal for use as getting to know you activities or as art specific lessons at both the beginning and end of year.Save 25% with this detailed 310 page bundle offer.Learn more about your students in a fun way and encourage them to express$27.00$38.85Save $11.85
- This bundle contains 18 of my most popular 'All About Me' back to school imaginative art and writing resources. These activities are ideal for Grades 5-8 and are suitable for engaging both boys and girls, reflecting current tech and fashion trends, hobbies and interests of this 'tween' age group.Sav$47.00$68.25Save $21.25
This fun 'Watch About Me' art and writing activity, is a creative first week back to school getting to know you activity for older kids.
Invite students to construct a wearable 'fold out tech watch' full of interesting information all about them.
It's a really unique and modern way for teachers and students to learn more about each other.
They can respond to the selection of template options in a personal and imaginative way, using both words and illustrations to create watches reflecting their individuality - different is OK!
If you are short for time, there is a simpler option without the fold out.
Watch About Me Contents:
- Photographs of completed hand drawn examples - use these as posters and inspiration for students
- A selection of template options, with or without the ‘fold out’ section - choose according to age & ability
- Visual step by step instructions to help students on the construction of the watch
- A garland to color and decorate your classroom
- Question cards for students to explore aspects of themselves further in pairs or groups
- Additional activities for early finishers - doodling and bookmark making
Materials, equipment needed:
1. Choose from, or combine marker pens, colored pencils and writing pens.
2. Scissors, glue stick or double sided sticky tape
3. Pegs and string if you would like to display the finished watches as a garland
4. Use heavyweight paper or card stock for best results
5. A dot of sticky tack or a masking tape hinge, if students would like to wear their watches with a removable fixing.
Please note, due to the size of these wearable watches, the drawing and writing space may be too small for younger children.
The watch templates are designed to fit an older child's wrist, Grades 5-8
The watch faces, measure approx 2 x 2 inches, or 5 x 5cm.
The watch straps are approx 1.25 inches or 3cm wide.
The finished watches make a fabulous display, on the bulletin board or pegged up on a line as a garland.
Students may want to wear and play with their finished masterpieces!
I suggest using a small piece of sticky tack or a masking tape hinge to attach them to their wrists. They can then be removed without tearing.
You might like to view my collection of creative Back to School resources or click on the resource links below:
Connect with Diane @ The ImaginationBox
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan 2020
Follow my store on TPT to receive notification of new products, where I will be offering a 50% discount for the first 48 hours after they are posted.
Don’t forget to leave feedback on resources - you will earn points towards your next TPT purchases :-)
Please contact me if you have any questions regarding this resource, I am always keen to help,