Are you looking for a first day of school math activity that will help your students review what they learned last year, or do you want a fun project that will get them hooked on math starting on the first day? Luckily you don't have to choose because this project does both, and it differentiates to the top, middle and bottom of your group of learners!
This beginning of the year math assignment incorporates numbers (and computation) into a page about their own lives. It's a great "getting to know you" project that you could easily use for a "who am I" guessing game or bulletin board display for Parent's Night.
This product includes:
* 2 pages of directions including preparation and implementation
* A "Figure Me Out" student sheet
* A student checklist that you could use as a grading rubric
* 10 "Poster pages" to get you started on a sample poster of your own
This product is in Word format so you can edit to personalize it for your own students' needs.
Materials you will need:
* Make copies of the worksheet and checklist
* Sticky Notes (3 by 5 inches for the poster is the ideal size, and 1x2 inch fit the worksheet perfectly)
* Edit the poster/equations to make it relevant to your own age, shoe size, etc.
***Are you looking for more items to help start your school year more smoothly? I have a whole range of Back to School items here! Check out these popular products
★ Job Chart Planetary Theme
★ Student Birthday Pencil Toppers
★ Fall Leaves Bulletin Board
★ Student Interest Inventory
★ Multiple Intelligences Survey
★ Bathroom Pass Printouts
★ Classroom Behavior Policies