Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- Student Led Science Labs - These comprehensive science labs will save you a TON of prep time and allow students to learn the concepts on their own. The Lab Bundle is a series of plug and play station labs designed to accompany my FREE Kesler Science Station Lab Series. Download the start-up guide$463.50$515.00Save $51.50
- This is the ultimate lesson plan bundle for science teachers. The lesson plans are designed to take the focus off of lesson preparation and put it back into teaching. *** Top Middle School Science Curriculum All-Time on TpT ***All lessons are aligned to middle school NGSS and TEKS standards. You c$873.90$971.00Save $97.10
Start the beginning of the year out right with student-led station labs that cover lab safety, measurement, scientific method, graphing, and the engineering design process.
Each of the five labs will take 1-2 class periods to complete, and are entirely student-led. Show your students up front how to take responsibility for their learning.
DO NOT PURCAHSE if you already own the complete 5E bundle or complete labs bundle. These labs are included there.
Individual Labs Included In This Bundle
What’s Included In Each Lab
There are eight total stations for the station lab (plus two signs for break stations if needed). Each station includes all of the signage, literature, resources, and task cards for the students to complete them independently or with a group. The lab may also require materials that you likely already have in your lab for the Explore It! station.
Explore It! – This station will be a hands-on demo or manipulative that allows the student to connect the information.
Illustrate It! – This station allows the student to sketch or draw out the concept that they are learning. This allows for better recall and retention of new information.
Read It! – At this station, students will find a short passage relevant to the content and have to answer 3-4 multiple choice questions about the reading. There are two reading passages per topic: an on-level version and a modified version.
Watch It! – Students will watch a short video at this station and respond to questions relevant to their learning. This station can be setup with class computers/tablets, SMART board, or even a teachers computer.
Organize It! – The students will use a hands-on manipulative to reinforce the concepts.
Write It! – At this station the students will be responding to 2-4 short answer prompts that will allow them to communicate their knowledge in complete sentences.
Research It! – This station will be a website that students will go to learn more information about the topic. Students will perform tasks and answer questions on their lab sheet. This station can be setup with class computers/tablets, SMART board, or even a teachers computer. If no computers are available you can double up one of the other stations and replace this module. Easy.
Assess It! – The students will demonstrate their knowledge of graphing using a series of task cards with more formal questions.
The station labs now include files for your remote learning environments such as Google Classroom.
- Online Student Answer Sheet (using Google Forms) for every Station Lab.
- Distance learning directions PPT and video tutorial
- PDF of each on-level Station Lab without the answer key (can be sent to students)
- PDF of each modified-reading Station Lab without the answer key (can be sent to students)
- PDF of each Student Answer Sheet, rotated vertically, for those who cannot access Google Forms
Copyright © Chris Kesler. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.