Let students take responsibility, and make your discipline and documentation easy. Students complete this one-page guided reflection to discourage negative behaviors and encourage positive behavioral change. I created this form for my Middle School students and I use it for gum chewers, bullies, off-task kiddos, and uniform violators-- it works for everyone! It's much better than nagging and punishing.
As students complete the reflection they will:
- Read and relearn the expectation (using your rules or school rules)
- Think about the motivation for their actions
- Consider how their actions influenced others
- Identify how they will improve their behavior
- Think about the consequences if they make the mistake again
All you do is choose and check off a "teacher action" from the list after the student does the work. There is a spot for the teacher's signature, the student's signature, and a parent/guardian signature at the bottom of the form. The file is a word document, so you can easily make any changes you need.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License