This resource is intended to teach expected behaviors in the school setting. It is important that we TEACH appropriate behavior if we are expecting are students to behave and follow the rules. Otherwise, how would they know? This product was created to be used with PreK-2nd grade but varies depending on your students functioning level.
Included in this download is the following…
- Big Interactive Book: This interactve adapted book is meant to teach expected and unexpected behaviors in the classroom. Use this book for whole group or individual instruction. Teach the expected behavior and then have your students identify what the unexpected behavior is. Talk about how we can make good choices or bad choices.
-Classroom Expectations Posters: Hang these posters in a visable area or around your classroom. Refer to these posters when teaching classroom and school rules. Use these as positive reinforcers when you see a child doing an expected behavior.
- Social Stories for younger children: Read these social stories as a class or with individual students. These social stories can be used to teach appropriate school behavior and expectations for the classroom. Read them prior to doing the activity to teach the targeted skill. (e.g. Read “Walking Feet” before transitioning to lunch.)
- Social Prompt Cards: Use these easily accessible prompts when you are walking in the hallway, transitioning classrooms, or at any time in the classroom. Keep these on a binder ring to review classroom behavior expectations.
- Token Boards: Use these token boards to create an expectation for work systems during individuals, small group, or even whole group instruction.
- Small Visuals: Keep these visuals on a lanyard or belt loop at all times to quickly flash or provide a non-verbal cue to a student.
- Coloring Review Sheets: Once your students have mastered a skill, give them the coloring worksheet to complete. As they are coloring the worksheet discuss what behaviors or skills they have learned to master this expected behavior.
Check out the preview for a closer look!
If you like this product, then you’ll LOVE these…
Social Stories Bundle
Earn TpT Credits for purchases on TpT. You get one TpT Credit for every $ you spend on TpT. Thing is, you only get the Credits after you Provide Feedback -- both a fair rating and a fair comment -- on the items that you purchase. We will round up for you, too! If you provide fair feedback on a $4.75 item, you will earn 5 credits. Every 100 Credits is worth $5 that you can apply towards future TpT purchases, but there is no need to wait until you have 100 to redeem them. 50 credits is worth $2.50, for example.
Follow Me On Instagram @speechmemaybe
Follow Me On Facebook: Speech Me Maybe
BECOME A FOLLOWER OF MY STORE!
Being a follower of my store you`ll learn about my new products, sales, and discounts! Become my follower by clicking on the green star on any of my pages and receive email updates in your TPT inbox.
Keywords: behavior management, speech therapy, classroom rules, expected behaviors, visuals, token system