When we see students engaging in difficult or problematic behaviors, it is easy to label the behaviors as disruptive or bad, but it is another thing altogether to collect the data needed to help form solutions to help reduce these behaviors. This Behavioral First Aid Kit is designed to provide the tools necessary to identify problem behaviors; collect data on the frequency, duration, and scale of these behaviors; and to determine if our interventions are having any measurable effect. Also, these data sheets provide the necessary, graphable data required to refer students for more intensive interventions.
This product includes 33 data sheets designed to help teachers with the following:
* Determining the root cause of problem behaviors using Antecedent-Behavior-Consequence (ABC) charts.
* Collecting discrete trial data with 5 or 10 trial data sheets.
* Collecting data on the patterns and frequency of behaviors that occur at specific times of day.
* Designing interventions and implementing interventions based on MTSS and RtI.
* Designing reward systems with simple behavior and token charts.
* Reporting student behavior to parents with daily report cards.
* Plotting data using self graphing data sheets.
* Teaching students to reflect on their behavior with student self-assessment data sheets.
* Determining if students are ready to move from inclusion to mainstreaming using data sheets that quantify how much support is required for student success.
* Designing simple behavioral plans.
* Quantifying amount of time students waste prior to beginning assignments.
The Behavioral First Aid Kit is designed to be used in both a general education as well as special education classrooms. The data sheets are specifically designed to be easy to use, even for behaviors that occur at high frequencies. These data sheets are also designed so the data are easy to graph. In addition to the data sheets, there is a brief description of each data sheet and how it is to be used to help the students.