Explore the behaviors and habits that are helpful and hurtful in your classroom with these behaviour management social stories. The packet includes two printable stories which also double as posters for setting student and class goals for behaviour!
This behaviour packet includes:
• 'Helpful Habits' behaviour social story (I can...") - 11 pages
• 'Hurtful Habits' behaviour social story (It makes my friends sad when...") - 7 pages
• Helpful habits goal setting posters (the pages from the stories double as posters!)
• Whole class picture sort activity in colour
• Individual picture sort activity
• Includes Good and Bad choices vocabulary for the picture sorts
These stories are a great way to encourage the behaviours you want to see in your classroom and discourage those that you don’t. Each book is simple and repetitive making them a perfect addition to your classroom library!
Helpful Habits is a story about all of the wonderful things you expect your students to do. This book provides a great foundation for discussion around positive behavior choices.
Hurtful Habits is a story about things you shouldn't do to your friends. Many of these are physical in nature which makes this book particularly useful if your students need a gentle reminder to keep their hands and feet to themselves.
The pages from these books can also be used as posters for behaviour goal setting in your classroom. Use the whole class behaviour picture sort to discuss good and bad choices that can be made at school. I have also included a cut and paste picture sort activity for students to complete individually.
"Perfect for conveying messages to children without the lecturing them :) works wonders. Thank you."
After your little learners have read these social stories, they will have a solid understanding of your expectations of behaviour!
Happy teaching and learning!