Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This Digital Interactive Notebook is a place for students to complete rigorous, compelling tasks during the bell ringer portion of your class period. PLEASE NOTE: THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT CONTAIN THE BELL RINGERS THEMSELVES. THIS PRODUCT IS THE BLANK, DIGITAL, STRUCTURED NOTEBOOK WHERE STUDENTS WILL COMPLETE THE BELL RINGERS THAT YOU ASSIGN! This product is best suited for classrooms that are 1:1 and utilize Google Classroom. Please read the full description before purchasing!
Want to see how it works? Check out the preview video!
For my entire teaching career, I have been using some form of "bell ringers" as my class warm up. For this section of class to go smoothly, the students need a place to respond to the bell ringer and for years I've been using spiral-bound notebooks, and to be truthful, THEY'RE A PAIN IN THE BUTT. Flipping through 120 notebooks to grade is no picnic, not to mention, you have to finish them quickly so that you can return them for kids to keep working in them! But two years ago, a miracle happened:
I MADE THE MOVE TO DIGITAL. And now, I have them to share with you today.
What is a Digital Interactive Notebook, anyway?
DIGITAL = the product is used online; paperless
INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK = a space for students to write, create, respond, and interact with the content in unique, challenging ways. In a "notebook" students would simply write an answer. In an "interactive notebook" students could answer a question, make a chart, highlight a passage, create a picture, etc.
Why do I need this product?
1. GRADING IS SO MUCH EASIER! When you assign a digital product to students via Google Classroom, automatically, a folder is set up in your Drive that contains each individual student's notebook. When (and wherever!) you are ready to grade, all you have to do is click through the folder, comment as you like, and you're done!
2. No more lugging crates full of spiral bound notebooks home! And no more paper cuts!
3. Streamlining classroom procedures. With the spiral notebook method, you had to count on students actually showing up with the notebook itself. Now, it's never going to get lost, students can access it while absent, and IF they forget their Chromebooks one day, they can write on a piece of paper and add it to their notebook later. So easy!
4. Bell ringers are SO much more engaging. When students wrote in a notebook, all they could do was write. Now, on a digital platform, students can write, insert videos, select a song, etc. The opportunities for creativity and engagement are sky-high!
5. With this one product, you are SET for the rest of the school year. One purchase, one notebook, one system, all ready to go from August until June.
What is included in this product?
- A link to be shared via Google Classroom (it is highly recommended that you are a 1:1 classroom and also have Google Classroom before purchasing this product)
- Directions for teacher use
- Directions for student use
- An example bell ringer and an example response
- A list of bell ringer ideas for your classroom
- *EIGHT* designs for students to choose from for their notebooks
You might also be interested in these other resources for your classroom:
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases, so let me know how everything is working out!
© Mud and Ink Teaching Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. If you are interested in purchasing several licenses, please let me know. Good luck on your adventurous teaching journey!
Let's Stay Connected!