Also included in
- Great news! There's a BUNDLE with 6 SETS of the This or That Daily ELA Warm Ups! Find 120 engaging bell ringers HERE. Starting each class with a warm up has been a huge success in my classroom...and my students love these This or That Warm Up activities! This bundle includes 3 sets of This or Th$15.99$17.97Save $1.98
- What if an entire month of school could be already planned for you and your students? Well, your wish is granted! This bundle includes four resources that perfectly pair together AND help students learn a ton of skills in just 20 days! With this bundle students will develop skills in writing, rea$24.71$27.46Save $2.75
- If you’re on the hunt for daily warm-ups that work, then you’re going to love this bundle of 6 sets of This or That Warm-Ups! They’re wildly popular with students and teachers because they’re the perfect mix of engagement and learning! (Includes PDF and Google-Classroom compatible resources.)This b$31.99$35.94Save $3.95
These 20 Daily ELA Warm-Ups are a great way to start each class! Use them as bell ringers, morning work, or even put them together into a bell ringer journal! Not only are they Common Core aligned, they're also incredibly engaging and motivating for students. They require no prep! Just print and go! (Includes PDF and Google-Classroom compatible resources.)
This resource includes 20 This or That Warm Ups with a total of 40 activities that review critical ELA skills. Each This or That Warm Up includes instruction (at the top of the worksheet) and then 2 choices for students to showcase their learning. After reviewing each choice, students can choose to do the “This” activity or the “That” activity. The choices promote engagement and tap into multiple learning styles. All 20 of the This or That Warm Ups can be taught sequentially or used throughout the year. The warm ups are an awesome way to start each class. They typically take between 5-10 minutes, and often lead to great mini-lessons and discussions.
Four tracking and grading options are included in this resource so that you can use the method that works best in your classroom. Also, you’ll find tips and ideas for implementing the warm ups into your instruction and teacher keys for each warm up.
In addition, this resource is available in a version for grades 3-5. You might want to check it out or even add both to your teaching toolkit. That way you can differentiate instruction even more by giving the less challenging warm-ups to students that need them. Check out the version for grades 3-5 HERE.
DIGITAL VERSION INCLUDED – A google-compatible version of the 20 This or That Warm-Ups is also included. In addition, there is a digital version of one of the grade tracking sheets. Simply click the links provided in the resource to make a copy of the digital warm-ups. Created with Google Slides for Google Classroom
Skills developed and reviewed...
- Word Meaning in Context
- Fact and Opinion
- Parts of Speech
- Writing Prompt
- Common & Proper Nouns
- Metaphors & Similes
- Persuasive Writing
- Creative Writing
This resource includes
- This or That Warm Ups Overview (for teachers)
- Anatomy of a This or That Warm Up
- Setup Guide (with two options for implementation - file folders or packets)
- Grading Options Review
- 4 This or That Tracking and Grading Options
- 20 This or That Warm Ups (with 40 activities)
- 20 This or That Warm Up KEYS
You might also like...
- Point of View - 6 Active Learning Centers
- Memoir Study and Writing Unit
- Poetry Writing Unit (11 Days)
- Figurative Language Unit
More This or That Resources:
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction