Looking for some way to start your English classes off right every day? This PowerPoint presentation will engage your students and allow you to incorporate a variety of elements of English/Language Arts without needing to take up too much precious class time. This is a day by day, week by week, quarterly set of bell ringers to get your kids working the minute they walk through that door.
Included in the bell ringer set are:
1. Weekend Recap - unload their minds from their weekend every Monday by having them share.
2. Sentence Starters - get to know your students as writers and as individuals through these sentence starters.
3. Vocabulary - two opportunities per quarter to do your own vocabulary work and give a quiz.
4. D.O.L. - test their grammar skills with these interesting and themed sentences to correct.
5. Analyze a Quote - let students be deep thinkers as they read and analyze these colorful and inspirational quotes.
6. Pict-a-Story - give them an opportunity to get creative by writing a story based on a picture they see (all pictures are personally taken by me)
7. Quick Write - another great way to get in some creative writing and have students 'think outside the box'.
Also included in each quarter is a rubric to grade their work. Each bell ringer activity is given a point value. All activities are graded in the last week of the quarter. You can only access the rubric (in word document form) when you are NOT in presentation mode.