Use these two days of creative lessons to get your teens excited about studying the words and ideas of Benjamin Franklin, one of the United States’ most compelling founding fathers.
This 11-page PDF includes:
• Detailed, step-by-step lesson procedure suggestions
• Brainstorming handout to help students create their own definition of a successful person
• Four-page excerpt of The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin with attractively designed modern elements
• Critical-thinking question handout that requires students to dig back into Benjamin Franklin’s informational text and their own minds to find the answers
• Detailed answer keys for all questions, designed to make grading easy and help you guide class discussion
• Team activity involving 20 of Benjamin Franklin’s well-known aphorisms from Poor Richard’s Almanac
• Personal reflection and social media art activity that helps students see the connection between Franklin’s work and today’s world
Click HERE for more high-interest informational text lessons.
Thanks for stopping by!