Benchmark meets Thinking Maps with this 1st grade bundle! This bundle includes everything you need for week one of Unit 6, from the essential question, opinion writing prompt, various writing activities including letter writing, summarizing, comparing and contrasting characters, and opinion writing, spelling and high frequency words pretest, practice sheets, and flash cards, fable features activity, simple and compound sentence writing activities, handwriting practice sheets, writing templates, and vocabulary cards, to various Thinking Maps to help reinforce daily lessons. Thinking Map activities include Flow Maps for listening and retelling key details, identifying sequence of events, and comparing and contrasting characters, Circle Maps for work with Long i (final –e) words, Bubble Maps for describing characters, Brace Maps for studying rhyming words, and Double Bubble Maps to compare and contrast characters. Activities from this unit can be used throughout ELA and writing blocks, they are perfect for center activities, and can be used for both class work and homework. Simplify your weekly lessons with this easy, no prep bundle!
This Bundle Includes:
► Thinking Map Activities:
Flow Map – Key Details, Sequence of Events, Character Analysis
Circle Map – Phonics (Long i (Final –e) Words)
Bubble Map – Character Analysis
Brace Map – Rhyming Words
Double Bubble Map – Comparing and Contrasting Characters
► Easy Print and Cut Flash Cards for Spelling and High Frequency Words
► Spelling Words Review / Practice / Pretest
► High Frequency Words Review / Practice / Pretest
► Writing Activities and Templates – Opinion, Letter Writing, Summarizing, Comparing & Contrasting Characters
► Fable Features
► Simple Sentences
► Compound Sentences
► Vocabulary Cards
► Opinion Writing Prompt
► Handwriting Practice
► Vocabulary Cards
• Please be advised that in order to open this file(s) you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be free to download from https://get.adobe.com/reader/
• This item is for single classroom use only.
• Duplicating for sharing or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden without permission from the author, Smart Owlettes.
• Please refer to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). By purchasing and/or downloading you are entering and agreeing with these terms.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Simply click "download now."
2. The files will be downloaded automatically.
3. Open the PDF in Acrobat Reader (Free Download. If you don’t have it, simply click here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/)
1. Digital File (300 DPI)
2. SIZE: 8.5"x11" formatted
3. No physical item will be shipped.
4. Customized Font, Color, Size is not available.
5. Please feel free to ask any questions before purchasing or download.
6. Due to the digital nature of this product, returns or refunds are not possible.
7. Upon purchase of this item, you are entering an agreement to use the template only for personal use and the files are not transferable or shareable.
8. Recommended to use white paper for printing for best results, but works well with colored papers as well.
9. DO NOT edit or view this template on a mobile device or a tablet.
10. When PRINTING: make sure the print settings are set to print at actual size or 100%.
Due to the limitations of desktop scanners and the relative inconsistencies of various display monitors, the colors you see on your screen may not be a totally accurate reproduction of the actual product. We strive to make our colors as accurate as possible, but screen images are intended as a guide only and should not be regarded as absolutely correct.