Benchmark meets Thinking Maps with this 2nd grade bundle! This bundle includes everything you need for week one of Unit 4, from the essential question, research prompt, spelling and high frequency words pretest and practice sheets and flash cards, imagery activity, and story map, to various Thinking Maps to help reinforce daily lessons. Thinking Map activities include Circle and Tree Maps to reinforce the week’s phonics lessons, Flow Maps for summarizing and drafting an informational report, Bridge Maps to practice contractions and possessives and identify context clues for vocabulary building, Bubble Maps for character analysis, Tree Maps to study point of view, and Double Bubble Maps to compare and contrast different texts. Also included in this bundle are EDITABLE sections of some of the activities to personalize and adjust lessons to meet your students’ needs. Activities from this unit can be used throughout ELA and writing blocks, they are perfect for center activities, and can be used for both class work and homework. Simplify your weekly lessons with this easy, no prep bundle!
This Bundle Includes:
► Thinking Map Activities
Tree Map / Circle Map – Phonics (r-controlled syllable patterns, long e vowel teams)
Flow Map – Summarizing, Drafting Informational Report
Bridge Map – Possessives, Contractions, Context Clues
Bubble Map – Character Analysis
Tree Map – Point of View
Double Bubble Map – Comparing Texts
► Easy Print and Cut Flash Cards with Spelling for the Unit along with High Frequency Words List
► Spelling Words Pretest / Practice Sheet
► High Frequency Words Pretest / Practice Sheet
► Research Prompt
► Imagery Activity
► Story Map
IF YOU WOULD LIKE OUR FULL BUNDLE OF UNIT 4 (Weeks 1-3) for Second Grade PLEASE CHECK OUT:
2nd Grade Unit 4 BUNDLE Week 1-3- Thinking Maps & Activities
• Please be advised that in order to open this file(s) you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be free to download from https://get.adobe.com/reader/
• This item is for single classroom use only.
• Duplicating for sharing or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden without permission from the author, Smart Owlettes.
• Please refer to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). By purchasing and/or downloading you are entering and agreeing with these terms.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Simply click "download now."
2. The files will be downloaded automatically.
3. Open the PDF in Acrobat Reader (Free Download. If you don’t have it, simply click here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/)
1. Digital File (300 DPI)
2. SIZE: 8.5"x11" formatted
3. No physical item will be shipped.
4. Customized Font, Color, Size is not available.
5. Please feel free to ask any questions before purchasing or download.
6. Due to the digital nature of this product, returns or refunds are not possible.
7. Upon purchase of this item, you are entering an agreement to use the template only for personal use and the files are not transferable or shareable.
8. Recommended to use white paper for printing for best results, but works well with colored papers as well.
9. DO NOT edit or view this template on a mobile device or a tablet.
10. When PRINTING: make sure the print settings are set to print at actual size or 100%.
Due to the limitations of desktop scanners and the relative inconsistencies of various display monitors, the colors you see on your screen may not be a totally accurate reproduction of the actual product. We strive to make our colors as accurate as possible, but screen images are intended as a guide only and should not be regarded as absolutely correct.