I am excited to announce Unit 4 is now available in a bundle. A heartfelt thank you to all you amazing teachers who have purchased my products. I wish I could have put this up sooner! I am a classroom teacher so my time is limited.
If you have purchased more than 5 items I would love to send you a complimentary essential question posters! Contact info below.
I have bundled the phonics blending, high frequency words and spelling with all the amazing activities I have created for weeks 1-3.
Unit 4 Phonics
Benchmark Advance Supplemental Unit 4 First Grade Phonics Blending Lines with Weekly Spelling, High Frequency Words and games! **UPDATED**
I've updated this to include more - It now includes the Weekly Spelling, student take home cards, dictation page, and teacher directions/ sample script for dictation.
I have created supplemental phonics blending lines for Benchmark Advanced First Grade 2017.
Teaching foundational skills is absolutely necessary for these kiddos. This covers all 3 weeks for Unit 4. I have embedded sound manipulation, deletion, substitution and more. Phonics Blending 1 is easier than Phonics Blending 2. This is created with extensive experience in reading instruction.
Phonics Unit includes…
• Sound manipulation, deletion, and substitution
• 2 blending lessons with student activity sheet per week (6)
• a weekly student practice sheet (3)
• Weekly game (7)
• Unit 4 phonics organizer (1) & Weekly Poster – Spelling, Phonics and
High Frequency Words (3)
• Now includes weekly spelling take home cards and spelling list practice (6)
• and dictation page (1)
Use these blending lines to…
• Do sound by sound blending whole group
• Use a recording app for students
• Follow up with teacher led dictation
I've have done almost all the work for you and created this supplemental unit for Benchmark Advanced First Grade 2017 Unit 4 Weeks 1- 3. It is aligned with the series including many of the concepts and more. I love using Depth and Complexity prompts/icon and Depth of Knowledge (DOK) to create my activities. This is great teaching for all and not limited to Benchmark Reading series. I have no affiliation with Benchmark Advance.
Benchmark Advance Supplemental 1st Grade Unit 4 Week 1 City Mouse and Country Mouse and A Quiet Camping Trip
This unit includes...
• Unit 4 Planner
• Essential Question Poster for Unit 4
• Unit Opener – Essential Question Activities with Partner Collaboration
• Depth and Complexity: Proof, Details, Multiple Perspectives,
• Narrator - Interactive Notebook
• Point of View – Interactive Notebook
• Sentence sort for Interactive Notebook (2)
• Text Features – Fable
• Sequence the Story – Key Details (2)
• Interactive Notebook – Adjectives (2)
• Character Analysis
• Write an Opinion
• Compare and Contrast – Double Bubble
• Attributes of Realistic Fiction with Interactive Notebook
• Depth of Knowledge - DOK 3 – Activities
Benchmark Advance Supplemental 1st Grade Unit 4 Weeks 2 and 3. This includes activities for Chicken Little and The Fox and the Little Red Hen.
This unit includes...
• Aligned activities for Benchmark Advance
• Lesson Planner
• Let's learn about folktales (2)
• Interactive Notebook (4)
• Graphic Organizers for Sequencing and differentiation (2)
• Grammar Student Worksheet - Commas in a series and dates
• Vocabulary - Animal Sounds
• Flow Chart - Sequence the story.
• Sensory Language (2) - What is sensory language?
• Missing Character Poster
• Parts to creating a story (2)
• Infer - Let's infer what happened at the end of the story.
• Inference - characters - Drawing inferences about the character
• Close Reading - Bookmark and activity for Shared Reading: My Mom, the Vet
• Facts vs Opinion
• Annotation activity for Shared Reading
• Plot - Beginning, Middle, and End
• Depth and Complexity used: Details, Patterns, and Proof
• Grammar: Different Kinds of Punctuation and Sentences
This is intended for one purchaser for classroom use. It shall not be distributed by teachers, by any school district, internet and additional licenses are required. You many not claim these as your own.
Don't forget to follow me as a create more of these aligned units!
To see these in action check out Instagram and Facebook: Primary Madness with Mrs Genna
(I do not have any affiliation with Benchmark Advance)
To collect your Essential Questions Posters please email me at email@example.com please provide your username.
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org