Also included in
- Get ready for your most successful year yet with this Benchmark Advance MEGA BUNDLE for your second graders! This MEGA BUNDLE for 2nd grade goes along with California's Benchmark Advance Language Arts curriculum. I created these resources after teaching Benchmark Advance and realizing there were adPrice $125.00Original Price $157.90Save $32.90
This resource includes TEN spelling activities for EACH week of UNITS 1-10!
Use this spelling resource to accompany your Benchmark Advance SECOND grade curriculum for California!
There is plenty of variety for you to pick what works best for your students, or to change up their activities from week to week. These are great to incorporate in your daily spelling lessons, for centers, or can be used for independent practice, or spelling homework.
Since second graders are still learning how to read and interpret instructions, I’ve included simple step-by-step instructions on each spelling sheet that will be easy to follow. They are listed as “First, . . .” “Second, . . .”
The fun and engaging variety of spelling activities included are:
1. STORMY SPELLING- writing each spelling word in a
storm cloud and coloring the picture.
2. BIG and little- writing each spelling word in all
UPPERCASE letters and then in all lowercase letters.
3. DETECTIVE WORK- studying the spelling words, then
filling in the missing consonants when only vowels are
showing, and then filling in missing vowels when only
consonants are showing.
4. ABC ORDER- putting words in ABC order. Students should
have direct instruction with this skill first before using this
5. SPELL IT, DRAW IT, WRITE IT- practing the word, drawing a
picture of the word, then writing the word in a sentence to
describe the picture.
6. 1,2,3- writing each spelling word three times, in three different
7. IT’S TIME FOR A SILLY STORY- writing a silly story using at least
five spelling words.
8. SUPER SENTENCES- writing each spelling word in a super sentence.
9. WORD SNAKE- writing a big, long snake with all of the spelling words,
changing colors with each word.
10. FRIENDLY LETTER- writing a friendly letter using at least five of the spelling words.
You may also be interested in my other Benchmark Advance resources for second grade (I have other grade level resources for B.A available in my store as well).
© The Buffalo Barn
The Buffalo Barn owns this resource and you are purchasing a license to use with only your students. You may give your students access to this product through Google Classroom or another platform that you share with your students.
However, this resource may not be posted on a public website or shared Drive where it can be downloaded by others besides your own students. You may not sell this resource to others. You may reference the resource with credit to The Buffalo Barn and a link given.