Included are spelling and grammar pamphlets for each week of units 1-10 for sixth grade. Each pamphlet has explanations of the spelling and grammar skills for the week, two spelling pages, two grammar pages, and a writing page. These are great for using in your small groups!
* Everything I make for my TPT already exists in and compliments Benchmark - nothing is meant to supplement or replace. I truly think we have such an amazing program - it just needs to be a little more teacher/student friendly at times! These practice pages come from the Spelling & Grammar handbook and save lots of time and paper for teachers whose district didn't purchase these workbooks.
*Please note that product images are from third grade pamphlet sets. Please see preview and read detailed description below to see what spelling and grammar skills are included in this sixth grade set!
INCLUDED IN THIS FILE:
- 9 double-sided pamphlets
- Unit 1:
- Week 1 Spelling: short vowels; Grammar: subject-verb agreement and pronoun-antecedent agreement
- Week 2 Spelling: long vowels; Grammar: run-ons and fragments, establish a formal style
- Week 3 Spelling: closed syllable pattern; Grammar: shifts in pronoun number and person, establish a formal style
- Unit 2:
- Week 1 Spelling: open syllables; Grammar: punctuate for effect
- Week 2 Spelling: r-Controlled Vowels /âr/, /är/, /ôr/; Grammar: shifts in verb tense
- Week 3 Spelling: r-Controlled Vowels er, ir, ur; Grammar: vary sentence patterns, shifts in verb tense
- Unit 3:
- Week 1 Spelling: vowel-r syllables; Grammar: subject-verb agreement and run-on sentences
- Week 2 Spelling: vowel-consonant-e syllables; Grammar: run-on sentences, shifts in pronoun number and person
- Week 3 Spelling: long and short o; vary sentence patterns
- Check product preview for more information
- *Please see the Spelling & Grammar Handbook for skills from units 4-10
Check out all my other Benchmark resources!
Click the green star to follow my shop!