HeidiSongs Benchmark Supplemental Materials for Kinder High Frequency
Supplemental materials, morning work, worksheets, workbooks, homework, literacy groups, small group activities, flashcards and more! This has packet has 156 pages from HeidiSongs products to align with the Benchmark Grade K High Frequency Words.
Aligns with Kindergarten Benchmark Unit 8 High Frequency Words including:
look, me, come, here, yes, it
*Although we have licensed some of our videos to Benchmark, this product is not affiliated or sponsored by Benchmark*
* Sing & Spell Workbook pages - 3 different worksheets for each word, and songbook:
- Tracing the whole word or part of it, and filling in the missing letters
-Writing the letters printed in boxes that are sized to fit each letter. The purpose of this is to help children notice the general shape of the word.
-Visual discrimination. These are activities that force the child to look carefully at words that look similar and find the ones that match the target word exactly. Think of this as “aerobics for the eyes;” it helps children develop the visual acuity needed in order to read and write.
- Coloring the word printed in hollow block letters, and “Rainbow Writing” the word, which is tracing the word with several different colors. For this, colored pencils or markers work best.
- Writing the sight words in sentences with a “fill in the blank” format.
- Reading comprehension- reading the word in a sentence, circling it, and illustrating its meaning
- Writing- write your own sentence using the target sight word.
* Sing & Spell Hidden Sight Word Worksheets: Children use their visual discrimination, phonics, and reading skills to find the target word and color in the section that it is in. When finished correctly, the word itself is shown!
* Sing & Spell “cloze” Worksheets: This set of worksheets are formatted to be a “cloze” activity. A cloze activity is one where key words are left out of the passage, and the student guesses the missing word, using contextual clues.
* Sing & Spell Velcro Manipulatives: This “Velcro Manipulative” project is designed to provide a hands-on way for children to practice reading and building the given sight words, without ever needing to use a pencil or crayon.
* Sight Word Centers Ideas: Tips and tricks to help with literacy center group management, and literacy center ideas and instructions.
* Sight Word Wands & Jenga House: Let kids look at the tubes/wands without opening them and try to match them to the correct sight word and write it down on the recording sheet provided. Write words on Jenga blocks and have kids match them to the word blocks on the house.
156 pages total!!!
CLICK HERE FOR A PREVIEW AND PHOTOS OF WHAT YOU'LL FIND IN THIS PACKET!