This bundle of learning tasks is designed to reinforce and stimulate learning through activity. It is a set of ready-to-go worksheets/resources for use with the 2002 film Bend it Like Beckham. The inclusion of different types of activities is a ploy to appeal to students' different learning styles.
The resources included are
• Detailed Viewing Questions with answers
. Useful for classwork or homework.
• Plot Summary as Cloze Test
. Use to ensure students understand the plot. There are two versions of this in the bundle to allow for differentiation.
• Multiple Choice Quiz / Assessment
. Use as a test at the end, or to keep students focused while watching the film.
• David Beckham Worksheet - Something I had to create quickly when I discovered that younger students don't know who David Beckham is! This is a reading comprehension worksheet. Use before viewing the film.
• Crossword Puzzle
. A fun activity to use when you have viewed the film. A good Friday afternoon task.
• Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle
. This uses some important words from the film, and others students need to know for analysis of theme.
Some of the resources are available as separate items from my store. Click on the links above to read the detailed description of these.
The preview file contains samples of most of the items included.
The solutions to all activities are included (excluding the David Beckham worksheet).