Benin Kingdom AD 900-1300
Take your pupils back in time to the Kingdom of Benin.
A ten-lesson history unit with lesson plans, pupil resources and teachers' guides
For Primary KS2/Grades 2-5
This is perfect for Black History Month.
This unit covers the following questions:
1. What was the Kingdom of Benin?
2. How was the Kingdom of Benin first established?
3. What did the people of Benin Kingdom believe?
4. Why did the first dynasty of Ogiso come to an end in AD 1180?
5. What were the Obas like as leaders?
6. What did ordinary people do for jobs in the Kingdom of Benin?
7. What was Benin Kingdom art like?
8. What happened to Benin Kingdom after the period AD 900-1300?
9. What was left after Benin Kingdom was destroyed?
All the planning and resources you need to teach this topic!
For more information see www.ks2history.com