The following is a bundle of two common core-based worksheets/lessons on European post-World War I problems and Benito Mussolini’s appeal and rise to power. These lessons would typically be taught in the first two days of the Interwar period unit right after WWI and before WWII. Purchase this bundle and save $1.00 if both were purchased separately. The worksheets contain several activities designed to promote student-centered learning by actively engaging students to think critically.
Post World War I Problems & Mussolini - Global History Common Core
• Do now that briefly discusses the Treaty of Versailles and the League of Nations and includes several thought provoking questions.
• Brief think-pair-share about post-World War I problems.
• Primary source from Benito Mussolini where students learn how he appealed to the Italian people after WWI. Includes several fact-based and critical thinking questions.
• Students will then write a letter to the editor either agreeing or disagreeing with Mussolini’s ideas.
Benito Mussolini and Fascism - Global/World History Common Core
• Do now that serves as a review of previous material and a set up for the lesson.
• Primary and secondary source reading on the doctrine of fascism. Includes several questions that assist students in understanding this sometimes difficult material
• Class discussion opportunity about the attractive nature of fascism to several countries after WWI and the pros and cons of fascism.
• Chart activity where students compare communism in the Soviet Union and fascism in Italy
• Analyzing Ideas activity where students determine whether or not certain statement would be supported by Mussolini or not – perfect summary activity.
These lessons can easily be adapted for a longer or shorter class period. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments. Please follow me to receive notification when a new worksheet is posted. Finally, please take a moment to rate this worksheet. Thanks!