The following is a 75 minute, common core-based lesson/worksheet on the rise to power of Benito Mussolini. The lesson mostly covers the background and components of fascism.
This is a student-centered lesson where students engage in a variety of activities including:
• Do now that serves as a review of previous material and a set up for the lesson.
• Primary and secondary source reading on the doctrine of fascism. Includes several questions that assist students in understanding this sometimes difficult material
• Class discussion opportunity about the attractive nature of fascism to several countries after WWI and the pros and cons of fascism.
• Chart activity where students compare communism in the Soviet Union and fascism in Italy
• Analyzing Ideas activity where students determine whether or not certain statement would be supported by Mussolini or not – perfect summary activity.
The previous lesson in the unit is available separately on TPT
Post World War I Problems & Mussolini - Global History Common Core
I offer both lessons on Mussolini in a bundle to save you money
Benito Mussolini Combo - 2 Lessons - Global/World History Common Core
I also offer this worksheet with several others in an interwar period bundle.
Bundle #10 - Interwar Period - Rise of Fascism - Global/World History
This lesson can easily be modified to fit a shorter or longer class period since it is in Word doc form. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Please follow me to receive notification when a new worksheet is posted. Finally, please take a moment to rate this worksheet. Thanks!