A Paideia is an educational tool which gives students a topic which requires research and literary analysis to answer. The students prepare Paideia sheets that include their information on them for the discussion. Finally, the group of students have their pre-planned discussion in front of the class. Students should be pushed to invite the audience into their discussion, as well as, build off of their own discussion while presenting. The teacher note taking sheet is included in this packet. Grading is left up to the teacher's discretion. This has a very similar feel to a Socratic Seminar.
The purchase includes:
- An assignment sheet which contains the three group questions
- A Paideia Protocol sheet which explains what the Paideia will look like and how students should act during the Paideia.
- Paideia Preparation questions
- Paideia Audience Questions
- Post Paideia
- Group 1-3 Note Sheets (use tally's on these)