I created this mini biography flip book to support my students' readings during Black History Month - and I have a wide variety of learners. After searching and searching for activities that might fit them all, I started creating my own.
I wanted the OUTPUT to be the same, completing a reading and performing reading related activities that would support a review of skills they had learned. But that meant buying lots of different people's products and piecing them together - I wanted ONE activity that I could differentiate to my different learners and learning styles ... and so the
Biography Mini Book was born!
I created a wide variety of Language Arts supported activities with specific skills in mind, so that each student was responsible for 6 skills - but so that I could change the different skills for each student (or group of students). When purchasing, there are a few choices of different pages to choose from -- just make sure you have at least ONE of EACH size so the book layers correctly.
1. Resources: Dictionary Guide Words, Internet Search, Table of Contents
2. Main Idea and Details: One main idea w/ 3 details in rectangle and page of notes format
3. Web/Organizer: With blank middle and circles, With character middle
4. Sequencing: Flow Chart with 4 boxes, Sequencing Chart with 5 boxes, Story Map with 4 boxes
5. KWL Chart
6. Fact & Opinion table
7. Report: Portrait and caption, Character Outline
8. Writing: Theme (various lined paper), Friendly Letter
9. Alphabetical Order - To first letter, to second letter
10. Cause and Effect: 3 separate pairs, 1 cause and 2 effects
11. Compare and Contrast: Venn Diagram with Bessie and boy, Bessie and girl
Did you purchase this product? Come back and get yourself a credit to use on future purchases :)
How to get TPT credit:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
It also lets me know how the product is working for YOU.
Want to FOLLOW me and find out more about products as I release them?
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store.