Best Candy Google Slides Persuasive Writing Prompt with Videos
Also included in
- Engage students in digital writing with these fun weekly Google Slides writing projects. Students will practice common core writing with engaging prompts including narrative, informative, opinion and how to pieces throughout the year. ALL teaching videos are already included.. simply assign and go!Price $96.00Original Price $152.00Save $56.00
Engage students in opinion writing prompts with this Google Slides activity. Students will use graphic organizers to write about what candy is best, then persuade you that they are correct. This pairs great with any candy related holiday, such as Halloween or Valentines Day, without directly discussing holidays.
This project is excellent for independent writing centers, digital learning, one-to-one classrooms, computer labs, homeschool teachers, substitute teachers, long-term subs, hybrid teaching, guest teachers, student teachers and the average busy teacher!
What is a digital writing project? Students will practice basic skills on Google Slides while working on this presentation. ALL TEACHING VIDEOS are included, or can be replaced with videos that you make. Simply assign, and students will be ready to go.
- Monday: Introduction and Prewrite - Students will learn how to add bullet points to their graphic organizer
- Tuesday: Draft - Students will write a basic topic sentence, 2 reason sentences and details to support their reasons including adjectives
- Wednesday: Draft - Students will finish their last 2 reasons, 2 details (including prepositions, commas, and adjectives) and add a basic closing sentence
- Thursday: Revise/Edit - Students are walked through using a basic revising and editing checklist
- Friday: Students are taught to add photos and to use a rubric to check their work before turning it in
What you get with the download:
A PDF linking to:
- Teaching Slide
- Student Planning Template
- Student Publishing Template
This was designed for second graders, but can be implemented in first and third grade classrooms.
These lessons build on each other, so videos might go through previously covered topics rather quickly. If you would like the comprehensive resource, upgrade to the bundle.
Check out A YEAR OF DIGITAL WRITING LESSONS [a growing bundle]:
- Stellar Student Informative Writing
- Sun-Sational Summer Narrative Writing
- Stuffie Adventures Narrative Writing
- Rocking Road Trip Narrative Writing
- Flat Teacher Bitmoji Project Narrative Writing
- The Best Season Opinion Writing
- Cat vs. Dog Opinion Writing
- The BEST Candy Opinion Writing
- My Spooky Story Narrative Writing
- Pumpkins Informative Writing
- Bats Informative Writing
- My Family's Thanksgiving Personal Informative Writing
- How to Catch a Turkey Informative/How To Writing
- Turkey Escape Imaginative Narrative Writing
- Bonus: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Informative Writing Project
- Letter To Santa Opinion Writing
- My Night on the Polar Express Narrative Writing
- How to Catch an Elf Informative/How To Writing
- Love Monster Informative Writing
- The Sweetest Person Opinion Writing
- The Best Part of Me Opinion Writing
- Book Review Opinion Writing
- Animal Research Project (3 weeks of Informative Writing)
- Magazine Writing Project (4 week cumulative project - opinion, narrative, informative, how to, letter writing and more)
- Hey Little Ant Opinion Writing Project
- Insect Report Informative Writing
- A Buggy Life Narrative Writing
Looking for other digital resources?
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.