The Herdmans are up to their usual tricks in...Barbara Robinson's best selling novel, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever !
This is a complete literature unit, aligned to Common Core for the novel The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, by Barbara Parks. It contains a multitude of activities and worksheets. Among the items in this unit for The Best Christmas Pageant Ever are:
• Vocabulary lessons for each chapter
• Multiple choice and constructed response questions for each chapter
• End of book Test with matching, multiple choice, and constructed response questions
• Illustrate the cat activity
• Character Match worksheet
• Word Search
• Fact and Opinion page
• Write a friendly letter to a character activity
• Create an illustration page
• Design a new cover summary / plot blurb activity
• Taking Notes with Alice activity page
• Story Map
• Venn Diagram to compare and contrast Imogene and Alice
• Write an advertisement activity
• Christmas tree summary
• 20 questions character activity
• Storyboard page
• Diamante poem
• 12 page reader's theatre script for 13 or more characters
• Character trading Cards....and more!
This unit for The Best Christmas Pageant Ever has been updated!! It now has 113 pages - with over 75 pages for student use and over 34 pages for teacher reference / full page answer keys. There is a lot to choose from in this unit! If you have previously purchased the old version of this unit, you may download it again to receive the new materials!
Your students might also enjoy these resources!
Best Christmas Pageant Ever Task Cards