This George Washington Carver Black history biography song teaches about his life and contributions as a famous African-American scientist and inventor.
Get the activity here!
Listen with subtitles on YouTube!
This activity includes:
- the song lyrics
- a list of comprehension questions with the answer key
- a timeline activity with a graphic organizer
- a sequential paragraph activity that utilizes the timeline
- 2 inferencing activities
- a performance activity which involves students writing their own songs or dramatizing the song with acting or dance using the music available on YouTube.
How to use this resource:
- Students will preview the questions on pages 1 and 2.
- Students will then listen to the song while following along with the lyrics on pages 3 and 4.
- Students will then answer the questions on pages 1 and 2.
- Next, students can complete the timeline and sequential paragraph activity on pages 5 and 6.
- When students are done, they can continue to be engaged by completing the extension activities on page 7.
* The answer key for pages 1 and 2 are located on pages 8 and 9.
Click here to follow our store for updates!
Get monthly freebies!
Get a custom-made song for free!
You may also like:
Black History Reading Comprehension Passages with Questions and Songs Bundle #1
Frederick Douglass Reading Comprehension Biography Activity #1 with Song
Governor Douglas Wilder Black History Month Passage with Song
Governor Linwood Holton Jr. Famous Virginians Reading Activity with Song
Jackie Robinson and Civil Rights Reading Passage with Song
Phillis Wheatley Black History Month Biography Passage with Song
Maggie Walker Black History Month Passage with Song
James Armistead & General Lafayette in The American Revolution Reading Activity with Song
*Leave a review if you liked our product.*
Copyright © 2018 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by authors. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.