(BETWEEN THE WARS UNIT: Lesson #1 out of 3)
12 slide Power Point Presentation that covers:
- The rise of the Ottoman Empire beginning with the Turkish conquest of Constantinople
- The decline of the Ottoman Empire into the "Sick Man of Europe"
- The defeat in World War I and the atrocities committed throughout the Armenian Massacre
- The rise of Turkish nationalism following WWI
- The Modernization and Westernization of Turkey by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed & emphasized that frequently appear on NY State Global Regents Exams
- A number of maps showing the rise and decline of the Ottoman Empire
- Numerous photographs and illustrations to support understanding of concepts such as Genocide, Westernization, & Secularization
- 3 "Check for Understanding" (ongoing assessment) slides utilizing questions from actual past Regents Exams
- 2 guided (scaffolded with key terms) long answer assessment questions
!!!!!!!!Support materials available free upon request!!!!!!!
PLEASE Email me at Lupp2@yahoo.com once your purchase is complete and I will reply with support readings, activities, and assessments that I use with my classes attached. All support materials match up with the ppt. presentation to provide depth to your lessons!
***All materials designed for the Global III course of the New York State High School curriculum***