"Beware of the Dog" by Roald Dahl:
Save yourself hours! This unit does not require any prep and can be used as an emergency lesson for a sub.
"Beware of the Dog". All of the documents are alterable so that you can tailor them for your purposes. Also, all of the graphic organizers can be used for any literary piece. All of the worksheets are also on .pdf for those of you who do not use MS Office.
The .zip folder includes:
1. MS Word and .pdf study guide with a preview, a KWL chart, prereading vocabulary, reading and comprehension questions, a literary review, and a critical thinking quickwrite.
2. Author's Purpose Diagram
3. Characterization Chart
4. Historical Analysis Chart
5. Plot Diagram
6. Read For Detail 5W and H Chart
7. Setting Chart
8. Style Chart
9. Symbol Chart
10. Symbolism Chart
11. Theme Diagram
12. Universal Plot Diagram
13. Venn Diagram
14. Powerpoint Characterization
15. Powerpoint Irony and Ambiguity
16. Powerpoint Narration
17. Powerpoint Plot Structure
18. Powerpoint Symbolism
19. Powerpoint Theme
Also, we try to keep within the highest quality for all of our materials so please feel free to suggest how we might improve our products! Also, if you liked this mini-unit please check out our other short story materials here:
Thanks for browsing!
Quality Teaching Products
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License