This is a written prayer journal designed for students in the upper elementary grades. Students are guided through the process of praying praise, thanks, confession, for others, and for themselves through a mini lesson. Then, they will move onto their journals for 30 days of written prayer time. Each day will focus on one specific area of the “whole hand prayer”, and is indicated at the top of the journal.
Each journal entry is specifically prompted. Encourage students to pray about other things if they “run out of things to pray” or cannot connect to that topic.
A blank prayer journal page is also provided at the end of the prayer journal section. Each journal page also includes a daily memory verse
which explicitly ties into each day’s theme.
Activities included in this package:
•Whole Hand Prayer
– The ‘Whole Hand Prayer’ method gives students a visual for guided prayers to include praise, thanksgiving, confession, prayer for others, and prayer for yourself.
• Practice for Whole Hand Prayer
- A page to allow students to practice praying using all five steps of the whole-hand prayer.
• “The Lord’s Prayer”
- For use as an example of how Jesus prayed. Available in stylized font version, and standard printing.
– Black and white cover for each prayer journal
• Prayer Journal Pages with Daily Prompts
– 30 different prayer journal pages with different prompts for each day. Topics include… “Spend time today praising God for who He is”, “Pray for those in your city who do not know Jesus,” “Take time to pray for your needs today,” “Pray for your pastors, ask God to protect them.”
•Blank Journal Page
– Optional, choose your own topic.
This is a great unit for Christian schools, Sunday school, Children's Church and homeschool.
This unit is also part of a BUNDLE of 4 Upper Elementary Bible Units available at a reduced price
It can be bought here: Bible Unit Bundle
Make sure to check out other Bible based lessons from Poet Prints...
Bible Lessons and Units