Also included in
- THREE QUARTERS' WORTH OF MATERIAL!!!! (or more if you need!) PERFECT FOR 3RD through 8TH GRADE! CHILDREN'S MINISTRY CURRICULUM BUNDLEAre you looking for a Sunday school curriculum that is engaging? Do you want to teach your kids about the Bible in an exciting way? Sleuth For The Truth is a y$289.00$389.44Save $100.44
We’re excited to announce that we have launched quarter two of Sleuth for the Truth! This is a year-long (or way more...!) curriculum for Sunday school or home school.
Sleuth for the Truth is a year-long (or way more...!) Sunday school curriculum that teaches kids to think like detectives to "find Jesus" in the Old Testament. Each lesson or activity features a mystery told in a Bible story, and students have to use their critical thinking skills to solve it and find where Jesus is.
Sleuth for the Truth is an exciting, flexible, and fun way to teach your children about Jesus. It’s designed to be used in both Sunday schools or homeschool settings. Sleuth for the Truth can also be used as a supplement with any other Bible study program! We think it’s perfect for kids ages 6-12 (grades 1-6), but we know that some of our customers use it with younger kids too!
This is the incredibly flexible SECOND instalment ("quarter two") of Sleuth for the Truth, which is a year-long (or way more...!) curriculum for Sunday school or home school.
BEFORE YOU READ ON:
1. If you haven't seen our lessons before and want a great (hands-on) taste of what you're getting, you can (it'll be at the top!) and get an idea of the layout of the lesson plans! BUT...!!!
2. If you are looking for the BUNDLE of Sunday Quarter 2 lessons only the activity centres, you'll want to CHECK THIS OUT RIGHT HERE. If you are looking for the BUNDLE of ALL Sunday Quarter 1 AND 2 lessons WITH the activity centres (and freebies), you'll want to CHECK THIS OUT RIGHT HERE.
3. Our quarters are so flexible they can be spread out and used over a year or more without repetition. The use of the lessons depends on your needs. Home school lessons, images, and centres can be tweaked with your own schedule.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: Yes, this is the Old Testament, but you will always be able to find where a prophecy of Jesus can be found from each book in lesson! That is the title and purpose of this curriculum. Jesus is all over the Old Testament, it just takes a "SLEUTH" like you and your students to find Him!
QUARTER TWO is a 100-page+ packet that includes done-for-you and word-for-word (or not!) lesson plans. It's an amazing guided resource that you can tweak as you go. Many have found it very simple to spread these lessons out over an entire year OR quarters as you can use what you need from each lesson (depending on the age)!
1. 13 Sunday Lessons
- PSALMS - THE SONGBOOK
- I KINGS: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
- II KINGS: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly II
- PROVERBS: Mini-pearls
- ECCLESIASTES / SONG OF SOLOMON: Wine, Women, & Song
- AMOS, JONAH, OBADIAH, JOEL, HOSEA & MICAH: Apocalypse Now
- ISAIAH: Dare to Discipline
- ISAIAH (a sequel): Glimpses of Glory
- JEREMIAH: Going, Going, Gone!
- EZEKIEL & LAMENTATIONS: The Towering Inferno
- DANIEL: Dream Weaver
- NAHUM, ZEPHANIAH, HABAKKUK, ZECHARIAH, HAGGAI: "Recess is Over!"
- THE QUARTERBACK II (a fun wrap-up lesson)
2. 13 Midweek Plans (listed below this section): How to use, find and create activity centres from The Scripture Scout's Supercharged Sunday School teacher's resource store or here at The Sunday School Store. Resources listed are low cost, free, or direct you to a trusted resource (, but some links may take you back to the TeachersPayTeachers sales page from The Sunday School Store -- to avoid buying twice, MAKE SURE YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE THAT ACTIVITY!) Membership option included.
YOU ALREADY BOUGHT THE "CONSIDER THE KINGS" BUNDLE READ THIS NOTE: THIS PRODUCT WILL BE DISCOUNTED WITH THE PRICE OF THE CTK BUNDLE UPON PURCHASE! Send a message to me after purchase to start the discount.
3. 9 uncoloured timeline images to print and give to students to colour and put on a Biblical timeline (see more on this wonderful timeline HERE). A legal-sized biblical timeline is included and free at that link.
This is QUARTER TWO of Sleuth for the Truth, part of a year-long curriculum plan for Sunday school or home school which includes engaging midweek reinforcement lessons that provide access to activities. Home school lessons, images, and centres can be tweaked with your own schedule. THESE ARE QUARTER 2 ACTIVITY CENTERS ONLY. Use as needed! You may find the Quarter 2 Lesson Plans HERE!
13 Midweek Plans (with lots of activities!): () How to use, find and create activity centres from The Scripture Scout's teacher's resource store. Resources listed are low cost, free, or direct you to a trusted resource. This bundle of lessons and 18 activity centres is provided through The Scripture Scout’s SLEUTH FOR THE TRUTH curriculum (hence the centre number on the top of the pages after the title page) but can be used with your own method of teaching any of this biblical history.
Each centre (and corresponding lesson) is to help you see the "Golden Thread" that runs through the Bible tying all of the wonderful stories together. And most importantly, to see how God has had a PLAN for us from the beginning of time! Some centres can be left in your classroom all year. Any of these centres be used on their own as you search for that wonderful golden thread (hint: it's Jesus!). ;-)
Quarter 2 includes a teach-by-number curriculum to follow in your classroom, these centres, classroom activities, and a massive biblical timeline. Centres are from these lessons and some are PURPOSEFULLY repeated and listed for review but are under the corresponding lesson below:
PSALMS - THE SONGBOOK
- Begin: Life Lessons
I KINGS: THE GOOD, THE BAD, & THE UGLY and...
II KINGS: THE GOOD, THE BAD, & THE UGLY II
- Consider the Kings (included here, but can also be purchased separately - if you have previously purchase this, contact me for a discount on this purchase. My info is in the packet!)
- Kings of a United Kingdom
- Kings of Israel
- Kings of Judah
- Crown the Kings
- The Cycle of Kings
- Proverbs Colouring Pages
ECCLESIASTES / SONG OF SOLOMON: Wine, Women, & Song
- We Hear You, Solomon!
AMOS, JONAH, OBADIAH, JOEL, HOSEA & MICAH: APOCALYPSE now
- Jonah's Journey
ISAIAH: Dare to Discipline &
ISAIAH II: Glimpses of Glory
- Prophets of God
- Names of God
- Lamb Craft
- Isaiah Prophesies a Saviour
JEREMIAH: Going, Going, Gone!
- Jeremiah, the Weeping Prophet
EZEKIEL & LAMENTATIONS: The Towering Inferno
- Dem Dry Bones
- Wheel within a Wheel
DANIEL: Dream Weaver
- Nebuchadnezzar's Dream
- I'm Not Lion!
Nahum, Zephaniah, Habakkuk, Zechariah, Haggai: "RECESS IS OVER!"
- Haggai Word Search
The Quarterback II
- Suggested: Doing A Center Review
Sleuth for the Truth is a year-long curriculum plan for Sunday school or home school which includes engaging midweek reinforcement lessons that provide access to activities. Home school lessons, images, and centres can be tweaked with your own schedule.
DON'T FORGET! You can GO HERE FOR TWO FREE LESSONS from Section/Quarter 1 and get an idea of the layout of the lesson plans!