This is a brand new product series just in time for summer! Bible story skits are the perfect addition to your classroom, VBS, Backyard Bible Club, Sunday School, Children’s Church—you name it! You will be presenting these well-known Bible stories as a spontaneous melodrama. This means the “actors” will be chosen from the crowd and do not need to practice the skit beforehand.
This download gives you the sixth bundle of skits in this series (color AND b&w). Unit 6 contains key Easter scenes:
*God Overcomes Pride (Jesus's Betrayal),
*God Overcomes Barriers (Crucifixion),
*God Overcomes Fear (Resurrection).
These skits bring the gospel to life in a fun and interactive way. You will see that each story spotlights the role of Jesus. We feel it is critical to recognize the powerful work of Jesus throughout the Bible, not just in the New Testament.
1. Read over the Biblical excerpt for this story. Be ready to answer questions that arise about the story and Jesus’ role.
2. Read through the script before presenting it. Be familiar with the numbers and types of “actors” needed, the cues, and the main theme of the message.
3. Warm the audience up by introducing the story and gaining interest.
4. Choose actors from the crowd. Have a very brief pow-wow with them to explain their role and give them directions on where to sit and when to enter/exit.
5. Narrate the script to the crowd, giving cues to “actors” when you see italicized directions. When you come across character names, cue “actors” to act out this part.
6. After the skit concludes, answer any questions and look for students that may need more conversation.
Follow my store to learn about similar products!
You can purchase ALL of the Bible Story Skits for 50% off here!
Download the Creation Story FREEBIE here!
Unit 1: God Creates (Creation, The Fall, Noah)
Unit 2: God Rescues (Abraham and Isaac, Joseph, Moses)
Unit 3: God Declares (David and Goliath, Daniel and the Lion’s Den, Jonah)
Unit 4: God Reveals (Christmas Story, John the Baptist, Jesus’ Temptation)
Unit 5: God Models (The Lord’s Prayer, Sermon on the Mount, Prodigal Son)
Unit 6: God Overcomes (Jesus’s Betrayal, Crucifixion, and Resurrection)
Unit 7: God Transforms (Great Commission/Ascension, Paul, Revelation)