Also included in
- Wouldn’t it be great to take a full month off of lesson planning??? Well, you can do that this year (and every school year moving forward!) when you download this unit. Woohoo!!! This highly engaging, totally unique, and incredibly easy-to-teach unit covers approximately a million and one things abo$49.99$58.50Save $8.51
Biblical Basics - Part 3 is the third segment of a highly engaging, easy-to-teach, broad sweeping unit about the Bible. This lesson may take 2 or more classes to get through (depending on how long your classes are, how much prior knowledge your students possess, etc.).
If you’re looking for the FULL unit (introduction, parts 1-5, and conclusion) please click HERE. Otherwise, please see below for the details about this particular portion of the Biblical Basics unit.
Topics covered in Biblical Basics - Part 3:
1. The history of the Bible (how to Old Testament came to be written and put together and when, how the New Testament came to be written and put together and when, what councils officially defined the canon of the Bible and when, and when Martin Luther removed 7 books from the Bible and why)
2. The Gnostic Gospels (What are they? Who wrote them? What do they say? Is what they say true? How and why so many TV channels, magazines, websites, etc. use the Gnostic Gospels to create controversy every Christmas and Easter)
3. Why Catholic Bibles have 7 more books than Protestant ones (Martin Luther’s influence, the names given to this collection of 7 extra books, list of 7 books missing from Protestant Bibles)
Included in your digital download:
- Biblical Basics - Part 3 Full Lesson Plan (extremely detailed, step-by-step notes on exactly what to do and say)
- Visually stunning and highly engaging Biblical Basics - Part 3 presentation (provided in both Keynote [Mac] and Powerpoint [PC] formats). Presentation is complete with smooth transitions and builds so all you have to do is click and speak.
- Biblical Basics - Part 3 Student Note Guide
- Did You Know - Gnostic Gospels video (walkthrough video explanation of how to make part of this lesson really engaging and memorable for your students)
- Deuterocanonicals-Apocrypha Song video (video demonstration of a song that I use to help students memorize the terms Deuterocanonicals and Apocrypha)
- Deuterocanonicals-Apocrypha Fun Student Song (video of students showing a fun way to memorize the 7 books missing from Protestant Bibles)
Howdy! My name is Greg Aitchison, a husband, father, and 14-year teacher of the Catholic faith. If you’re a teacher looking for fun, engaging, and inspiring resources that’ll and help your students become “mini-theologians” and “big-time SAINTS”, then you’ve come to the right place!
⭐⭐⭐ 5 AND THINGS TO DO:
1. Become a part of Join my e-mail list to get a bunch of freebies, enjoy great sales, and be the first to hear about all kinds of brand-new content! (*If you don’t love all the awesomeness, you can of course unsubscribe whenever you want.)
2. Click the “Follow Me” star at the top of this page to be notified of flash sales and new resources as soon as they’re available!
3. Get some ! Every time you give feedback for a product you have purchased, Teachers Pay Teachers will give you “feedback credits” that you can use to lower the cost of any of your future purchases. Just go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login), click the text that says Provide Feedback (beside each purchase), and leave a review! My goal is to and your feedback helps me do just that! It means A TON to me to get a 5-star review. Not only does it encourage other buyers to check out my products, but it inspires me to create even more fun and engaging resources!
4. Check out for all kinds of awesome Catholic merch (posters, stickers, coffee mugs, and more!). There are of designs to choose from, including posters for your classroom that can literally change the lives of your students. Don’t believe me? Check out my blog post, to see just how much of a game-changer I found posters to be in my classroom.
5. Visit my website, for even more resources and inspiration! ✝️
Thanks for stopping by!
Questions, comments, or just want to say “Hi!”? Drop me a line anytime! E-mail: Greg@CatholicReligionTeacher.com
Copyright © Catholic Religion Teacher - Products are for use by the original purchaser only and are bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author.