Also included in
- Wouldn’t it be great to take a full month off of lesson planning??? Well, you can do that this year (and every school year moving forward!) when you download this unit. Woohoo!!! This highly engaging, totally unique, and incredibly easy-to-teach unit covers approximately a million and one things abo$49.99$58.50Save $8.51
Biblical Basics - Part 4 is the fourth segment of a highly engaging, easy-to-teach, broad sweeping unit about the Bible. This lesson may take 2 or more classes to get through (depending on how long your classes are, how much prior knowledge your students possess, whether you choose to do each activity within the lesson, etc.).
If you’re looking for the FULL unit (introduction, parts 1-5, and conclusion) please click HERE. Otherwise, please see below for the details about this particular portion of the Biblical Basics unit.
Topics covered in Biblical Basics - Part 4:
1. What kind of writing is in the Bible (10 main literary styles/genres) and how the Bible is, therefore, kind of like a mini library.
2. The one big literary genre one should NOT try to find in the Bible (science) and why looking for specifically scientific answers in the Bible will create all kinds of problems. Time also dedicated to dispelling the commonly held myth that Catholics don’t believe in science and/or that faith and science supposedly can’t go together.
3. Recognizing the hugely important difference between reading something literally vs. metaphorically, followed by 4 examples from the Bible.
4. 10 big-time Bible reading tips, including: Lectio Divina, the Ignatian Method of reading the Bible, reading in context, searching for Biblical typology and Messianic prophecies, etc.
Included in your digital download:
- Biblical Basics - Part 4 Full Lesson Plan (extremely detailed, step-by-step notes on exactly what to do and say)
- Visually stunning and highly engaging Biblical Basics - Part 4 presentation (provided in both Keynote [Mac] and Powerpoint [PC] formats). Presentation is complete with smooth transitions and builds so all you have to do is click and speak.
- Biblical Basics - Part 4 Student Note Guide
- Vladimir, Etc. video (walkthrough video explanation of how to really sell a main message from this lesson via the help of a fake foreign exchange student coming to your school)
- Harold Camping video (walkthrough video explanation of a funny, yet sad, story of what can happen when the Bible is read the wrong way)
Howdy! My name is Greg Aitchison, a husband, father, and 14-year teacher of the Catholic faith. If you’re a teacher looking for fun, engaging, and inspiring resources that’ll and help your students become “mini-theologians” and “big-time SAINTS”, then you’ve come to the right place!
⭐⭐⭐ 5 AND THINGS TO DO:
1. Become a part of Join my e-mail list to get a bunch of freebies, enjoy great sales, and be the first to hear about all kinds of brand-new content! (*If you don’t love all the awesomeness, you can of course unsubscribe whenever you want.)
2. Click the “Follow Me” star at the top of this page to be notified of flash sales and new resources as soon as they’re available!
3. Get some ! Every time you give feedback for a product you have purchased, Teachers Pay Teachers will give you “feedback credits” that you can use to lower the cost of any of your future purchases. Just go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login), click the text that says Provide Feedback (beside each purchase), and leave a review! My goal is to and your feedback helps me do just that! It means A TON to me to get a 5-star review. Not only does it encourage other buyers to check out my products, but it inspires me to create even more fun and engaging resources!
4. Check out for all kinds of awesome Catholic merch (posters, stickers, coffee mugs, and more!). There are of designs to choose from, including posters for your classroom that can literally change the lives of your students. Don’t believe me? Check out my blog post, to see just how much of a game-changer I found posters to be in my classroom.
5. Visit my website, for even more resources and inspiration! ✝️
Thanks for stopping by!
Questions, comments, or just want to say “Hi!”? Drop me a line anytime! E-mail: Greg@CatholicReligionTeacher.com
Copyright © Catholic Religion Teacher - Products are for use by the original purchaser only and are bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author.