Also included in
- Wouldn’t it be great to take a full month off of lesson planning??? Well, you can do that this year (and every school year moving forward!) when you download this unit. Woohoo!!! This highly engaging, totally unique, and incredibly easy-to-teach unit covers approximately a million and one things abo$50.00$58.50Save $8.50
Biblical Basics - Part 5 is the fifth segment of a highly engaging, easy-to-teach, broad sweeping unit about the Bible. This lesson may take 2 or more classes to get through (depending on how long your classes are, how much prior knowledge your students possess, etc.).
If you’re looking for the FULL unit (introduction, parts 1-5, and conclusion) please click HERE. Otherwise, please see below for the details about this particular portion of the Biblical Basics unit.
Biblical Basics - Part 5 focuses on giving students a big picture summary of the entire Bible. This is done through activating student prior knowledge via a friendly dose of team competition, which is then followed up with guided student notes and a stellar presentation full of cool and informative antidotes (provided in a 10-page, meticulously detailed lesson plan).
Covered in this lesson:
2. The Fall
5. The temple
6. The 12 Tribes of Israel
7. Kings and prophets
8. The Roman occupation
9. Waiting for the Messiah
10. The birth of Jesus
11. Jesus’ baptism
12. Jesus’ 3-year ministry
13. The apostles
14. Jesus’ death and resurrection
15. The Ascension
17. The early Church
18. The Age of Martyrs
19. The spread of Christianity
20. The 2nd coming and eternal life in Heaven
In addition to a ton of visuals related to the 20 topics listed above are a number of pictures from a pilgrimage I was blessed to take to the Holy Land. Without having to spend thousands of dollars to fly to Israel and hire a tour guide (through detailed explanations provided) will be able help your students experience some of the most important places where Jesus walked on earth 2,000 years ago.
Included in your digital download:
- Biblical Basics - Part 5 Full Lesson Plan (extremely detailed, step-by-step notes on exactly what to do and say)
- Visually stunning and highly engaging Biblical Basics - Part 5 presentation (provided in both Keynote [Mac] and Powerpoint [PC] formats). Presentation is complete with smooth transitions and builds so all you have to do is click and speak.
- Biblical Basics - Part 5 Student Note Guide
- 2 sets of instructions for a friendly prior knowledge class competition that your students will enjoy and get them to really think through the story of the Bible all on their own. One set includes an “Easy” word back (all word provided), the other a “Hard” word bank (30 words removed that more advanced learners should be able to figure out on their own).
Howdy! My name is Greg Aitchison, a husband, father, and 14-year teacher of the Catholic faith. If you’re a teacher looking for fun, engaging, and inspiring resources that’ll and help your students become “mini-theologians” and “big-time SAINTS”, then you’ve come to the right place!
⭐⭐⭐ 5 AND THINGS TO DO:
1. Become a part of Join my e-mail list to get a bunch of freebies, enjoy great sales, and be the first to hear about all kinds of brand-new content! (*If you don’t love all the awesomeness, you can of course unsubscribe whenever you want.)
2. Click the “Follow Me” star at the top of this page to be notified of flash sales and new resources as soon as they’re available!
3. Get some ! Every time you give feedback for a product you have purchased, Teachers Pay Teachers will give you “feedback credits” that you can use to lower the cost of any of your future purchases. Just go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login), click the text that says Provide Feedback (beside each purchase), and leave a review! My goal is to and your feedback helps me do just that! It means A TON to me to get a 5-star review. Not only does it encourage other buyers to check out my products, but it inspires me to create even more fun and engaging resources!
4. Check out for all kinds of awesome Catholic merch (posters, stickers, coffee mugs, and more!). There are of designs to choose from, including posters for your classroom that can literally change the lives of your students. Don’t believe me? Check out my blog post, to see just how much of a game-changer I found posters to be in my classroom.
5. Visit my website, for even more resources and inspiration! ✝️
Thanks for stopping by!
Questions, comments, or just want to say “Hi!”? Drop me a line anytime! E-mail: Greg@CatholicReligionTeacher.com
Copyright © Catholic Religion Teacher - Products are for use by the original purchaser only and are bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author.