This is a workbook that follows the Les Rencontres Workbook. It is the third quarter of my French 1 class. It can be used in sequence or as a stand alone book. This method is based on lessons developed by Cavilam (a French immersion program), TPRS, and a method called PECS used with Autistic Children- and is special needs friendly.The thematic units are based around La Famille and La Nourriture. Book also includes access to a password protected website that has course extension materials, videos, and supplemental materials. Assessments are project and experiential learning based.
-La Famille et la Maison-
* Unit Objectives- Students will describe their family members and their homes. They will talk about the things they like to do as a family, and they will talk about the interests of each family member.
- Vocabulary - La Famille- Family
- Les Loisirs
- La Maison - The Household
- Grammar - Possessives
- adjectives that come before the noun
- Verbs - Être, Avoir, aimer, aller, faire, venir
- Regular -ER Verbs
- Assessment- Album de Famille
* Unit Objectives- Students will learn to order food, express food preferences, and use vocabulary to go grocery shopping.
- Vocabulary - La Café et le Restaurant
- Les Courses
- Grammar - Aller + Infinitive
- Les contractions à et de
- Le partitif
- Verbs - Pouvoir, vouloir, prendre, boire
- Culture- Recipe- Le Croque Monsieur
- Video- Baguetiquette
- Assessment- Create your own Parisian Café
- Supermarket Scavenger Hunt