This download contains an 12-page mini-booklet that correlates to the story “BIG AL” by Andrew Clements & illustrated by Yoshi. The activities below are included in this booklet and may be completed independently, with a partner, whole group, or in literacy workstations.
• Before/During Reading Predictions
• Sticky Note Comprehension Parking Lot
• Author’s Purpose
• Identify Problem/Solution
• Pinpoint key events and their importance
• Change in Character Feelings Throughout Story
• Characterization of Main Character
• Create a timeline of key events
• Vocabulary Enrichment-apply use of dictionary skills
• Synonym Practice
• Making Words activity-TREMENDOUS (mystery word) with letter strips
• Theme of Story
• Book Review
This mini-booklet should be printed double-sided, folded, and stapled.