Also included in
- If you are overwhelmed or intimidated by teaching Astronomy or Space Science you are in luck! This bundle of resources includes everything you could ever ask for: lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, student notes, practice questions, formative assessment pieces, and creative activities. BONUS: A$140.00$170.00Save $30.00
- I LOVE Astronomy! One of my life's missions is to help more people understand the wonders of space and appreciate the Earth. I hope these Astronomy resources will find a home in your classroom and spark curiosity and excitement in your students.This zipped folder will include all of my present and$185.00$236.50Save $51.50
If you are teaching about THE BIG BANG THEORY you are in luck! This bundle of resources includes a lesson plan, PowerPoint, student notes, practice questions and formative assessment pieces – most of which are completely editable. This lesson bundle also includes a flipbook explaining red-shift! I’m sharing my love of Astronomy with you, in hopes that your students will love it too!
Student learning goals for the Big Bang Theory Lesson:
• explain what happened during the Big Bang
• describe how scientists use models to reason that the Big Bang happened
• explore different options for how the universe may end – have balloons for each student to model this!
Please examine the images and preview above to see how this resource can help you and your students.
In the zipped file, you will receive a lot:
★ 2-page lesson plan (PDF and editable Microsoft Word).
★ 17-slide editable PowerPoint presentation with hyperlinks to YouTube videos.
★ 4-page editable student notes (PDF and editable Microsoft Word) that coordinate with the PowerPoint in a fill-in-the-blank style, that includes homework/practice questions. A teacher version with blanks filled in is also provided in both file types.
★ 14-pages of editable task cards that can be used as formative assessments. 7 pages of quick checks to be used during class and 7 pages of retrieval practice questions to be later in the unit. (PDF file and editable PowerPoint file).
★ 5-page Big Bang Flipbook art activity guide with images of an exemplar (PDF file). This flipbook explains how scientists use observations of distant galaxies, red-shifting and the Doppler Effect to model how the universe is expanding, and reason that the Big Bang occurred.
ALL RESOURCES ARE EDITABLE!
This lesson can further be supported by the Big Bang Astronomy Doodle Notes and Anchor Charts
If you are interested in using the doodle notes with these lessons your best value is to purchase the Astronomy Growing Bundle. This bundle includes all the lessons, PowerPoint presentations, practice and activities as well as all the doodle notes and anchor charts. When additional lessons are added, you can be notified by following my store.
You can see the other resources in the Astronomy all-in-one Lesson Bundle by clicking the links below. Please follow my store for notifications when new resources are added to the bundle.