This literacy station activity pack is great for your big book station! It can also be used in a reading literacy station as well!
These activities are included:
1. Sight Word Stars: What I do with these stars is I print them out, and write our sight words on each star, laminate, and cut out. Then I glue the star to a popsicle stick and the children have to find the sight words in their big book using these. They LOVE IT! I have included a color and black and white version!
2. How Many Words?: This activity uses alphabet cards, which are also included! The student pulls a card and tries to find all of the words that start with that letter. You can also differentiate by making it end with that letter, or have the letter in the word!
**There are two different versions of the above activity (1/2 sheet and full sheet)
3. Tally Those Words!: This activity also uses the alphabet cards. The student pulls 6 letters and writes them down in the boxes. They then write a tally mark when they come to a word that starts with that letter.
4. Sound Hunt (short vowels): The students look for words that have each short vowel in it and then record it in the chart provided.
5. Sound Hunt (long vowels): The students look for words that have each short vowel in it and then record it in the chart provided.
6. Alphabet Hunt: The student finds a word that begins with each letter of the alphabet.
7. Rhyme Time!: Find words that rhyme in the box and write them in the table.
8. My favorite part of this big book writing prompt (just lines) (there are also two versions: smaller lines and bigger lines)
9. My favorite part of this big book writing prompt (lines and picture space) (there are also two versions: smaller lines and bigger lines)
10. Find the Following Words: This activity helps children recognize the number of letters in each word. Children will record the words they find in their big book by 2,3,4,5,6 or more letters!
I hope you enjoy this packet! Thank you for checking it out!
Please feel free to e-mail or message me with any comments or questions.
I also take requests, so let me know if you're interested in a request as well!