The following is a 75 minute, common core-based lesson/worksheet that focuses on the rise of big business in the United States following the Civil War. This worksheet is loaded with a variety of student-centered activities designed to promote active engagement and critical thinking. Several activities include:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson.
• Secondary source reading on the rise of big business. Includes vocabulary terms such as trusts and vertical/horizontal consolidations, several critical thinking questions, and a easy to understand chart.
• Primary source readings – Two Opposing Views on Big Business – includes questions.
• Political cartoon analysis – Bosses of the Senate
• Robber Barons or Captains of Industry – Historical Head activity
Bundle #17 - The Gilded Age - US History/APUSH
This worksheet can easily be modified to fit a longer or shorter class period. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Please follow me to receive notifications about newly uploaded products. Finally, please rate this worksheet. Thanks!