This is an excerpt from Amazon's popular line of Bossy Brocci Math and Big Science workbooks! [it's pronounced like "Brawsee"]
Printing should be done in Landscape and DOUBLE-SIDED, with the flip being along the 'SHORT' side.
Want MORE Power for your Dollar?
Give Brocci Bundles a Try before you buy!
Most ELA, Math and Science teachers don't have more than 100
State Tests on their shoulders - and they enjoy anywhere from 60 to
90 minutes to teach their class. But I've been handily beating the
State while teaching an average of 110 students every year - and
with only about 38 minutes for science class! It's a matter of public
record: I've crushed the State by 17 to 32 points, and by an average
of 23 points over a 5-year stretch.
All this - and with:
No Teaching Assistants,
No Remediation Class,
No Test-Prep books,
and just 38 minutes for Science class.
THAT is what I less-than-humbly call 'Teacher Effectiveness.'
So what are my kids learning, doing and using?
Bossy Brocci worksheets.
1) Select a Chemical from a menu of 15 Chemicals (or pick their own, one listed by their teacher)
2) Read about & Research their Chemical
3) Write and Draw information gathered about their Chemical in a Data Table, including:
State or Phase at Room Temp
Beneficial Uses & Products
Health & Safety Hazards
4) Be compelled to present their work in a neat & orderly format
5) Be trained to Research and Write a Chemical Report or Fact Sheet methodically & systematically
Printing should be done in Landscape and double-sided, with the flip being along the 'short' side
Science Chemistry Matter Atoms Elements Molecules Compounds Pure Impure Mixtures Homogenous Mixture Heterogeneous Mixture Solution Carbon Hydrogen Oxygen Nitrogen Amino Acids Proteins Lipids Nucleic Acids DNA RNA Carbohydrates Potency Dose Dosage Duration Toxicity