This is an excerpt from Amazon's popular line of Bossy Brocci Math and Big Science workbooks! [it's pronounced like "Brawsee"]
Printing should be done in Landscape and DOUBLE-SIDED, with the flip being along the 'SHORT' side.
Want MORE Power for your Dollar?
Give Brocci Bundles a Try before you buy!
Most ELA, Math and Science teachers don't have more than 100
State Tests on their shoulders - and they enjoy anywhere from 60 to
90 minutes to teach their class. But I've been whipping the
State while teaching an average of 110 students per year - and
with only about 38 minutes for science class!
It's a matter of public record:
I've crushed the State by 17 to 32 points, and by an average
of 23 points over a 5-year stretch.
And I'm North Carolina's 2016 Top-Scoring Science Teacher.
I've done it with:
No Teaching Assistants,
No Remediation Class,
and No Test-Prep books or programs.
So what are my kids learning, doing and using?
Bossy Brocci worksheets.
1) Analyze 2 Periodic Tables showing each element's Atomic Radius, and designed to accentuate the focus on Trends Across Periods in one case, and Trends Down Groups in the other
2) Answer 29 Fill-in-the-Blank and Multiple-choice questions based on their Observations from the preceding Tables
3) Analyze a truly novel Figure depicting sequential filing or layering of Orbitals from one Period down to the next
4) Read the Factually-dense but easy-to-comprehend Text accompanying that unique Orbital-filling diagram
5) Answer 8 more Fill-in-the-Blank and Multiple-choice questions based on analysis of the preceding Figure and text.
6) Fill-in 1 Data & Pattern Table on the relationship between the Change in Positive and the Change in Atomic Radius from one period to the next period below it
Change in Positive Charge (Delta P)
Change in Atomic Radius (Delta r)
Percent Change in Atomic Radius (Delta r%)
8) Fill-in a Total of 22 cells in 1 Data & Pattern Table
9) Analyze 2 Data & Pattern Tables that reveal the Percent Increase in Atomic Radius shrinks as you sequentially drop down the Periodic Table, and shrinks with the concomitant ever-larger jump in Positive charge that comes from dropping from one Period down to the next
10) Answer an additional 16 Fill-in-the-Blank and Multiple-choice questions based on their Calculations & Observations in the preceding 3 Data & Pattern Tables
11) Be compelled to present their work in a neat & orderly format
12) Be trained to thoroughly understand the Trends in Atomic Radius methodically & systematically
Printing should be done in Landscape and double-sided, with the flip being along the 'short' side
Science Chemistry Periodic Table of Elements Periodic Table Structure Periodic Table Logic Periodic Table Trends Periods Groups Families Elements Physical Properties Atomic Radius Size Density Melting Point Boiling Point Specific Heat Capacity Electrical Conductivity Thermal Conductivity Chemical Properties Electronegativity Ionization Energy Reactivity Main-Group Elements Main Group Elements Alkali Metals Alkaline Metals Halogens Noble Gases Lewis Dot Valence Electrons Bonding Comparing Metals Nonmetals Metalloids Transition Metals