This is an excerpt from Amazon's popular line of Bossy Brocci Math and Big Science workbooks! [it's pronounced like "Brawsee"]
Printing should be done in Landscape and DOUBLE-SIDED, with the flip being along the 'SHORT' side.
Want MORE Power for your Dollar?
Give Brocci Bundles a Try before you buy!
Most ELA, Math and Science teachers don't have more than 100
State Tests on their shoulders - and they enjoy anywhere from 60 to
90 minutes to teach their class. But I've been whipping the
State while teaching an average of 110 students per year - and
with only about 38 minutes for science class!
It's a matter of public record:
I've crushed the State by 17 to 32 points, and by an average
of 23 points over a 5-year stretch.
And I'm North Carolina's 2016 Top-Scoring Science Teacher.
I've done it with:
No Teaching Assistants,
No Remediation Class,
and No Test-Prep books or programs.
So what are my kids learning, doing and using?
Bossy Brocci worksheets.
1) Observe 4 different Controlled Experiment Reaction-pair duets that the teacher has provided them (from, for example, Lesson # 22)
2) Write the description of initial reactants or system for each half of the 4 duets (8 total written descriptions)
3) Illustrate/Draw the final results for each half of the 4 duets (8 total illustrations by hand)
4) Identify the Faster reaction
5) Cite the causal Rate Factor (from Concentration, Surface Area, Temperature or Catalyst)
6) Write an explanation for HOW that rate factor sped up the winning reaction
7) Fill-in a total of 12 cells in 2 Data Tables with illustrations and text
8) Answer 20 Multiple-choice questions based on their Calculations and Observations recorded in the preceding Data Tables
9) Be compelled to present their work in a neat & orderly format
10) Be trained to identify and describe Rate Factors' Effect on Chemical Reaction Rates methodically & systematically
Printing should be done in Landscape and double-sided, with the flip being along the 'short' side
Science Chemistry Physical Properties Chemical Properties Physical Changes Chemical Changes Nuclear Changes Chemical Reactions Elementary Chemical Reactions Synthesis Decomposition Single Displacement Double Displacement Combustion Endothermic Reactions Exothermic Reactions Precipitate Chemical Equations Reactants Products Coefficients Subscripts Stoichiometry Balancing Chemical Equations The Law of Conservation of Matter The Law of Conservation of Mass Reaction Rates Reaction Kinetics Activation Energy Reaction Rate Speed Factors Temperature Catalyst Pressure Surface Area Concentration