This is an excerpt from Amazon's popular line of Bossy Brocci Math and Big Science workbooks! [it's pronounced like "Brawsee"]
Printing should be done in Landscape and DOUBLE-SIDED, with the flip being along the 'SHORT' side.
Want MORE Power for your Dollar?
Give Brocci Bundles a Try before you buy!
Most ELA, Math and Science teachers don't have more than 100
State Tests on their shoulders - and they enjoy anywhere from 60 to
90 minutes to teach their class. But I've been handily beating the
State while teaching an average of 110 students every year - and
with only about 38 minutes for science class! It's a matter of public
record: I've crushed the State by 17 to 32 points, and by an average
of 23 points over a 5-year stretch.
All this - and with:
No Teaching Assistants,
No Remediation Class,
No Test-Prep books,
and just 38 minutes for Science class.
THAT is what I less-than-humbly call 'Teacher Effectiveness.'
So what are my kids learning, doing and using?
Bossy Brocci worksheets.
1) Examine 16 Reaction conditions or systems, described symbolically, with illustrated reactants/reaction system
2) Analyze and Predict 24 "competitions" or races between each half of 24 Controlled Experiment reaction duets
3) Predict the Faster chemical reaction in 2 Data Tables
4) Identify & Write which Rate Factor (from Concentration, Surface Area, Pressure or Temperature) is responsible for the outcome in 2 Data Tables [catalyst not included in this Lesson]
5) Select or Assign the two given hypothetical reaction rates or speeds to each half of the 24 duets (total of 48 entries) in 2 Data Tables
6) Write the selected reaction rate above each of the 16 given system images in 2 Graphic Organizers
7) Fill-in a total of 96 cells in 2 Data Tables with written text and quantitative responses
8) Answer 65 Fill-in-the-Blank and Multiple-choice questions based on their Calculations and Observations recorded in the preceding Data Tables
9) Be compelled to present their work in a neat & orderly format
10) Be trained to identify and describe Rate Factors' Effect on Chemical Reaction Rates methodically & systematically
Printing should be done in Landscape and double-sided, with the flip being along the 'short' side
Science Chemistry Physical Properties Chemical Properties Physical Changes Chemical Changes Nuclear Changes Chemical Reactions Elementary Chemical Reactions Synthesis Decomposition Single Displacement Double Displacement Combustion Endothermic Reactions Exothermic Reactions Precipitate Chemical Equations Reactants Products Coefficients Subscripts Stoichiometry Balancing Chemical Equations The Law of Conservation of Matter The Law of Conservation of Mass Reaction Rates Reaction Kinetics Activation Energy Reaction Rate Speed Factors Temperature Catalyst Pressure Surface Area Concentration