This is an excerpt from Amazon's popular line of Bossy Brocci Math and Big Science workbooks! [it's pronounced like "Brawsee"]
Printing should be done in Landscape and DOUBLE-SIDED, with the flip being along the 'SHORT' side.
Want MORE Power for your Dollar?
Give Brocci Bundles a Try before you buy!
Most ELA, Math and Science teachers don't have more than 100
State Tests on their shoulders - and they enjoy anywhere from 60 to
90 minutes to teach their class. But I've been whipping the
State while teaching an average of 110 students per year - and
with only about 38 minutes for science class!
It's a matter of public record:
I've crushed the State by 17 to 32 points, and by an average
of 23 points over a 5-year stretch.
And I'm North Carolina's 2016 Top-Scoring Science Teacher.
I've done it with:
No Teaching Assistants,
No Remediation Class,
and No Test-Prep books or programs.
So what are my kids learning, doing and using?
Bossy Brocci worksheets.
1) Take a Test consisting of 86 questions on Endothermic vs.Exothermic Chemical Reactions, and on Reaction Rate Factors:
2) Analyze 4 Reaction Diagrams and Answer 18 Fill-in-the-Blank and Multiple-Choice questions based on those diagrams
3) Answer 49 additional Fill-in-the-Blank and Multiple-Choice questions
4) Examine a Reaction Diagram and Answer 7 Fill-in-the-Blank and Multiple-choice questions based on that diagram
5) Complete and accurately Draw 12 Graphs depicting the causal relationships between various Rate Factors and Reaction speeds/rates
6) Be compelled to present their work in a neat & orderly format
7) Be trained to understand Endothermic vs. Exothermic Reactions, and the Factors affecting reaction Rates methodically & systematically
Note: there are no rate contant k's, no 1st or 2nd order rate law calculations; instead, students are quizzed on the qualitative effect Rate Factors such as Concentration, Temperature, Catalyst etc. have on the speed of reactions.
Printing should be done in Landscape and double-sided, with the flip being along the 'short' side
Science Chemistry Physical Properties Chemical Properties Physical Changes Chemical Changes Nuclear Changes Chemical Reactions Elementary Chemical Reactions Synthesis Decomposition Single Displacement Double Displacement Combustion Endothermic Reactions Exothermic Reactions Precipitate Chemical Equations Reactants Products Coefficients Subscripts Stoichiometry Balancing Chemical Equations The Law of Conservation of Matter The Law of Conservation of Mass Reaction Rates Reaction Kinetics Activation Energy Reaction Rate Speed Factors Temperature Catalyst Pressure Surface Area Concentration