This is an excerpt from Amazon's popular line of Bossy Brocci Math and Big Science workbooks! [it's pronounced like "Brawsee"]
Printing should be done in Landscape and DOUBLE-SIDED, with the flip being along the 'SHORT' side.
Want MORE Power for your Dollar?
Give Brocci Bundles a Try before you buy!
Most ELA, Math and Science teachers don't have more than 100
State Tests on their shoulders - and they enjoy anywhere from 60 to
90 minutes to teach their class. But I've been whipping the
State while teaching an average of 110 students per year - and
with only about 38 minutes for science class!
It's a matter of public record:
I've crushed the State by 17 to 32 points, and by an average
of 23 points over a 5-year stretch.
And I'm North Carolina's 2016 Top-Scoring Science Teacher.
I've done it with:
No Teaching Assistants,
No Remediation Class,
and No Test-Prep books or programs.
So what are my kids learning, doing and using?
Bossy Brocci worksheets.
1) Determine and Record in 3 Data Pattern Tables various Physical Properties for 12 solid cubes - with the Mass and Side provided. Specimens are
4 wooden cubes: Ironwood, Oak, Pine & Poplar
4 plastic cubes: Acrylic, Nylon, Polypropylene & PVC
4 metal cubes: Aluminum, Brass, Copper & Steel.
[Teachers NOTE: you DON'T need these specimens; I've provided actual specimen dimensions - your students just have to crunch the numbers, calculate DENSITY - and discover that Density is a unique, identifying physical property!]
2) Calculate, Describe & Write Physical Properties and Descriptions in 3 Data Pattern Tables:
Length for other two sides of 12 Cubes (they're CUBES - no measurement required!)
Volume of 12 Cubes (formula provided in Tables)
Density of 12 Cubes (formula provided in Table)
Identify each cube using given/reference Densities in Tables
3) Test objects in water by submerging, and Classify Object as either a 'Floater' or 'Sinker'
4) Fill-in a total of 63 cells in 3 Data Pattern Tables
5) Answer 28 Fill-in-the-Blank and Multiple-choice questions based on their Calculations & Observations in the preceding Data Pattern Tables
6) Discover that Density:
Is a unique & identifying physical property;
Determines whether submerged objects sink or float
7) Be compelled to present their work in a neat & orderly format
8) Be trained to mathematically Define & Calculate Density and use it as a unique, identifying property methodically & systematically
Printing should be done in Landscape and double-sided, with the flip being along the 'short' side
Science Chemistry Physical Science Physical Property Particle Packing Density Mass Volume Calculating Density Identifying Elements Substances Density of irregular solids Density of Liquids Density of Water Density Anomaly Density Inversion Intensive Properties Extensive Properties Density as an Intensive Property Density as a Unique Substance-Specific Property Temperature's Effect on Density Calculating Density by Displacement Calculating Density of Regular Geometric Solids Rectangular Prisms Cubes Density of Elements Water's Density Anomaly Density Layers Density Columns Density Layer Columns Using Density to Identify Unknowns Identifying Unknowns by their with using Density